Poll: Which SS to keep?- Mtbr.com

Poll: Which SS to keep? All a couple years old...

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Poll: Which SS to keep?

Ok, so I've settled on a four bike quiver - fs mtb, ss mtb, cross and roadie. I'm not taking any more suggestions on that!

But, I've got to make a decision on what SS to keep. A little more background - I bought a couple used SS bikes and frames on the cheap over the winter. There were some sweet deals going on if you looked often and were patient. I figured I'd try em out and then sell the ones I didn't want for a little profit. Anyway, above is what I've got. I'll sell off what I don't keep.

Below are a couple of my thoughts on each...

- Surly 1x1 - It's been my standard SS ride. No frills. Steel. Big tire clearance. Heavier though.
    - IF conversion - My existing hardtail of several years which will either get converted (ENO) or will go. Steel. Lightweight. Tried and true.
    - Bianchi BUSS - So freaking ugly and cool. Aluminum.
    - Sofa King - Never built it up, but it's so boutique-y and cool all done up in orange. Aluminum too though.

Anyway, everyone likes polls so I'd figure folks would like to chime in on some of these options. Thanks. S

try driving your car less

fit?

go by fit. if the IF was custom fit to you, keep that. you can always get another surly or bianchi. and dont sell a bike just to build one up that you have never used (sofa king), because you might not like it very much.
    Only boring people get bored.

Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

I'd say keep them all, however...

what size is the B.u.S.S. frame?
    carsrcoffins.com

mtbr member

ENO the IF

The IF should be the best ride/fit of all the bikes you have.

Hell, have the drops changed out for horzontials and have it repainted if you need it to be something "new".

The Surly would be my second choice. Great bike, and you never need to worry about taking good care of it.

Good luck on your decision.

MC

P.S. I may have a nice ENO rear wheel laced to a 517 if you need it....
    [email protected]

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Large - 19 or 19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Hurl
    what size is the B.u.S.S. frame?
    Very good shape. Interested? If so and you want to work something out, I can just throw it in the classifieds after the fact so that mtbr gets their $2 or whatever. Email me if interested. And thanks for the opinions all! S

mtbr member

I'd keep the IF

And sell the others. You can always pick up a Surly. The Bianchi is cool but as you said Alu. If the Sofa King was SofaKing cool, why is she not built up? And if you keep it and sell the othersyou may not like it once it is and then you're stuck with it. Sell the other three and build up the IF properly.
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail.
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying
    "Damn... we fcuked up!"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No poll needed....

There is no question about it....keep the IF.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Ok, so I've settled on a four bike quiver - fs mtb, ss mtb, cross and roadie. I'm not taking any more suggestions on that!

But, I've got to make a decision on what SS to keep. A little more background - I bought a couple used SS bikes and frames on the cheap over the winter. There were some sweet deals going on if you looked often and were patient. I figured I'd try em out and then sell the ones I didn't want for a little profit. Anyway, above is what I've got. I'll sell off what I don't keep.

Below are a couple of my thoughts on each...

- Surly 1x1 - It's been my standard SS ride. No frills. Steel. Big tire clearance. Heavier though.
    - IF conversion - My existing hardtail of several years which will either get converted (ENO) or will go. Steel. Lightweight. Tried and true.
    - Bianchi BUSS - So freaking ugly and cool. Aluminum.
    - Sofa King - Never built it up, but it's so boutique-y and cool all done up in orange. Aluminum too though.

Anyway, everyone likes polls so I'd figure folks would like to chime in on some of these options. Thanks. S
    Sell 'em all! Then use the proceeds to get the custom super-chi-chi singlespeed of your dreams
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

keep the BuSS

I predict the BuSS will be a collector's item before long, one of the first mass produced single speeds. it was there at the beginning of the revolution. i like the Bianchi frame as much as my Sycip frame. stiff and light. the BuSS does everything i ask, like a loyal dog. if the BuSS fits, i'd be reluctant to let it go. has it ever let you down?

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Thanks all. Looks like the IF ENO convert is the fans' favorite.

Shiggy - I'd sell em all for a ti SS only if I could view the cost of the four as sunk, but unfortunately that wasn't the plan. Maybe I could convince myself later tonight after a few more St Patty's Day beers!

Thanks again everyone. Good stuff. S