Pics of Rudy Nadler's rig from 24HOP- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    84

    ... and if we just ... Still looking for pics of Rudy Nadler's bike!

    I'm building up something similar, just wondering if anyone had a clear pic of his bike.

    Thank you!

    (hope to be able to join everyone down there next year!)

    KavuBiker
    Last edited by KavuBiker; 02-22-2004 at 08:51 PM.

  2. #2
    there is no spoon
    Reputation: Burnin' Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28

    Check out

    Quote Originally Posted by KavuBiker
    I'm building up something similar, just wondering if anyone had a clear pic of his bike.

    Thank you!

    (hope to be able to join everyone down there next year!)

    KavuBiker

    Hey KavuBiker,

    Check out Matt's site. If he doesn't have an image then I look through my files and get you something soon. I can tell you what's it's composed of:

    one Matt Chester frame
    one wtb dirtdrop bar
    one kinesis fork
    one Phil Wood rear hub (fixed/fixed)
    an older model xt crank
    time pedals
    sram chain
    Some old saddle
    Conti Traffic tires
    Mavic rims 517 in rear, and 321 ( i think ) in front.
    I was using a Kalloy uno seatpost and it was great.
    Red handlebar tape (plastic stuff that's way cheap)
    Boa stem ( cheap but works like crazy )

    Anything else just ask my friend.

    Love and Tequilla

    Rudy

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    84

    ... and if we just ... Rudy, thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnin' Love
    Hey KavuBiker,

    Check out Matt's site. If he doesn't have an image then I look through my files and get you something soon. I can tell you what's it's composed of:

    one Matt Chester frame
    one wtb dirtdrop bar
    one kinesis fork
    one Phil Wood rear hub (fixed/fixed)
    an older model xt crank
    time pedals
    sram chain
    Some old saddle
    Conti Traffic tires
    Mavic rims 517 in rear, and 321 ( i think ) in front.
    I was using a Kalloy uno seatpost and it was great.
    Red handlebar tape (plastic stuff that's way cheap)
    Boa stem ( cheap but works like crazy )

    Anything else just ask my friend.

    Love and Tequilla

    Rudy

    My hat's off to you for riding fixed. That's awesome. Hopefully will join you soon on a fixie! I'm (hopefully) going to drop for a Matt Chester and run it fixed. Dirt Drops are on the way. Its gonna be such a change from my old Kona Stinky monster truck. I've ridden rigid and it was so much more fun in a way. The best feeling is looking back at a technical section and going "hey, I rode that!". Accomplishment is the word.

    After sort of getting burnt out with the Freeride scene (I love watching, just not participating as much), I want to start doing long distance rides again.

    Maybe sometime I can come down to Tucson, its only 2 hours away! I want to set up a ride down there either this year or next, just take off for like a weekend.

    Thanks for the info! And congrats on your placing @ the Old Pueblo!

    Keep the tequila flowin'

    KavuBiker

  4. #4
    flexiflyer
    Guest

    The only pic I have...


  5. #5
    Needed Less ~ Did More
    Reputation: Singlespeedpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,008

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by flexiflyer
    D@mn, I saw that picture today on the German MTB Forum! If I had known it was Rudys I would have posted it here! Oh well....

    Hey KavuBiker,

    I know exactly what you mean about the feeling of accomplishment by riding rigid/fixed! I was out on some trails on Sunday I have not ridden for years and the joy of clearing whole sections on my fixed/rigid UTE was a whole lot better than messing it up on my maverick ML-7 (A great bike but almost too good, it kind of takes the fun out of it...now with a new owner in Wales) Not too many singlespeeders in the area judging by the looks I got from the other riders I saw.

    Cutting down on the ammount of stuff you take along on a ride makes a difference too! while Camelbak are making bigger and bigger "daysacks" I'm back to a small bum (fanny) pack and 2 bottles on the frame.

    For a review on my Ute see www.63xc.com (plus a very old picture of it) Definatly save for a MC frame, the ride, build quality and versitility are worth it, I'm not parting with mine! (3years+ longest I have owned a bike since I was 11)

    Theres more to life than going faster...

    Alex
    Last edited by Singlespeedpunk; 02-23-2004 at 01:50 PM. Reason: pressed "post" too soon! Doh!
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

  6. #6
    Keep Singlespeeding Evil
    Reputation: phatlizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    241
    You guys should not forget the main part on that bike (it is called the "Magic Bus") - it only works with the magic tutu or the magic bunny-suit!


  7. #7
    Needed Less ~ Did More
    Reputation: Singlespeedpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,008

    How tall is that headtube?

    Quote Originally Posted by phatlizard
    -snip-

    The top and down tube must be about parrallel! Sure Matt didn't weld the rear triangle on the wrong end?

    Wish mine had a tall head tube (ah, hindsight!) But the Jones H-bars are doing a good job (plus I get to run a Paul brake lever!....a bike tart? me? )

    Later

    Alex
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

  8. #8
    JRA
    JRA is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    605

    De Tutu

    Notice the strange expression on the guy (yellow jersey) behind Rudy?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    84

    ... and if we just ... Awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by flexiflyer

    Exactly what I was looking for!

    MC's are soooo nice...

    Hey Alex, how are the shirts/stickers coming? Still really interested!

    Can't wait to start hitting the trails around here on the fixie! I'll post pics when she is done.

    KavuBiker

  10. #10
    get down!
    Reputation: appleSSeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,187
    that guy on the cannondale looks extremely uncomfortable..look at how small the bars are.

    if you ever wanted a pic to sell the dirt drop idea on a mountain bike, this would do it.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

    visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

  11. #11
    there is no spoon
    Reputation: Burnin' Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuBiker
    Exactly what I was looking for!

    MC's are soooo nice...

    Hey Alex, how are the shirts/stickers coming? Still really interested!

    Can't wait to start hitting the trails around here on the fixie! I'll post pics when she is done.

    KavuBiker

    KavuBiker, Do you live in PHX?
    If your that close we should definately ride together. I promise I will not use the tutu on you. Also, I might be up in your area for the MTBR springfling rides. A riding buddy of my is leading a hawes/twisted sister ride that I'm going to try to make. There's also a ride in Sedona on Saturday. It's a transportation issue. I rarely get in a car to do a ride. Lazy I guess.

    Otherwise we can alway ride in the Tucson area. If you haven't spent much time here riding your in for a treat.

    Rudy

  12. #12
    there is no spoon
    Reputation: Burnin' Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28
    Thank you Matt.

    I took a bit of a bath today. Nothing better that riding home in to a good solid down pour, with hail, while passing cars give me the wet wave. Well, got to have a reason to laugh hysterically.

    Rudy


    Quote Originally Posted by flexiflyer

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    84

    ... and if we just ... Rudy, that sounds awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnin' Love
    Thank you Matt.

    I took a bit of a bath today. Nothing better that riding home in to a good solid down pour, with hail, while passing cars give me the wet wave. Well, got to have a reason to laugh hysterically.

    Rudy

    I'm in Phoenix off of South Mountain. I am bikeless right now but hopefully I will be up and on a new rig soon! Then we should definitely set up a ride. I'd love to come down to Tucson for a day and go riding.

    Peace, love, and SS

    KavuBiker

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.