Perfect Chain Tension.....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Perfect Chain Tension.....

With Out a tensioner, geared 39x20, my urban mountain bike, normally 39x18 with tensioner, decided to gear it for the hills , had trouble fitting it all together til i took the tensioner off. then it fit like a puzzle peice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go BIG (in your own way), or Stay Home

~~~~~~~
    learn to love it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Congrats! Wish I could get my Rocky Mtn Blizzard to do that. 34/20 was supposed to be the magic gear for my chainstay length, but 'twas a bit too loose. Could half link it I suppose, but tired of dinkin' around with it. Just want to ride....hope yer chain stays tight, since you don't have many options, with the vertical dropouts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggity
    Congrats! Wish I could get my Rocky Mtn Blizzard to do that. 34/20 was supposed to be the magic gear for my chainstay length, but 'twas a bit too loose. Could half link it I suppose, but tired of dinkin' around with it. Just want to ride....hope yer chain stays tight, since you don't have many options, with the vertical dropouts

I am looking a a 1/2 link myself, b/c I would like to drop to a 38x20.
    Go BIG (in your own way), or Stay Home

mtbr member
    I finally figured out my chain issue. I had one laying around that had a longer link length, so i stuck it on. No more skipping!! Yay! I haven't tried it with my tensioner off yet, but i will soon. my tensioner is the rear deraillur with the bottom cog off. So it just runs the top cog and the chain is tight enough that everything stays in place pretty darn well. Ah what fun it is...I can't wait for the C-Rig.....oooh yeahh..

Members who have read this thread: 0