Paul W.O.R.D Hubs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Paul W.O.R.D Hubs

Has anyone ever overhauled WORD and FHUB hubs? I seem to be having difficulty accessing the bearings.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    if the wheel is wobbely, then the bearings may just be loose and need to be put back into place. i had a friend that had that problem a couple of years beck. he hasnt had a problem since.

i've got some on the way, how are they?
    Ride & Smile

CB2
    Jam Econo
    It's been awhile, but I believe you just pull the axle and punch them out from behind. If not, call PAUL, they're very helpful.

Mighty Matt, they are great. The only reason I'm not using mine anymore is they aren't disc. Bearing adjustment is just like Campagnolo.

All 26.5" all the time!
    It kind of depends on how old they are, but the newest versions simply require loosening the clamp bolt on the threaded shaft collar (it's on the disc mount side), unthread and remove the collar and pull the axle out from the other side.

mtbr member
    Got it yesterday. I just had to secure the non-drive side with a vise-grip so that I could turn the threaded lock side.

As far as the hubs go, I love them. They have been very easy to adjust and zero maintenance required through one year of gravel and mountain races.

Thanks for the advice.

J

Members who have read this thread: 0