Paul FHub Seals- Mtbr.com

Thread: Paul FHub Seals

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Paul FHub Seals

Sorry, another hub question. I looked through the reveiws, but most are rather dated. How do the seals on Pauls hubs tend to hold up? I have narrowed my list down to Phil and Paul. The pluses on the Paul side are weight, cost and the ability to switch to a bolt on axle later if I so desire. I know Phils are the ultimate bling and bomb proof, but still trying to decide.
    MTBDad
    MCM #47.867

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" - Bono

Steel and teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBDad
    Sorry, another hub question. I looked through the reveiws, but most are rather dated. How do the seals on Pauls hubs tend to hold up? I have narrowed my list down to Phil and Paul. The pluses on the Paul side are weight, cost and the ability to switch to a bolt on axle later if I so desire. I know Phils are the ultimate bling and bomb proof, but still trying to decide.
    You can always get the Paul hubs and when the bearings die replace them with Phil Wood bearings... I have gotten a much better lifespan out of the Phil bearings in my Paul hub.

bb

Keep on Rockin...

Paul stuff is good...

but I have not been impressed with the Enduro bearings. I'm wearing them out far too fast. One problem seems they aren't packed with enough grease from the start. I just put some new bearings in one of my Paul hubs. Before I put them in I popped the seals and filled them to the brim with extra grease. Let's see if these will hold up any better. If they don't last I'm going to replace them with Phils bearings. The Paul hubs themselves however are very nice and have a very good design.

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0