Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Paper Angels

  1. #1
    Retro Grouch
    Reputation: aka brad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,091

    Paper Angels

    They are in my and most every other church; also some department stores and civic buildings, hanging from Holiday trees; children whose families are too poor to buy them Christmas presents. Everyear I buy a 5 year old child a bike and helmet; last year a little girl, this year a boy. Imagine spending about $50 and a new singlespeeder is born. Find a Paper Angel tree out there and make a Christmas wish come true.

    1G1G, Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    (was) Big in Japan
    Reputation: TheSingleGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    They are in my and most every other church; also some department stores and civic buildings, hanging from Holiday trees; children whose families are too poor to buy them Christmas presents. Everyear I buy a 5 year old child a bike and helmet; last year a little girl, this year a boy. Imagine spending about $50 and a new singlespeeder is born. Find a Paper Angel tree out there and make a Christmas wish come true.

    1G1G, Brad
    You are a very good man.
    Ride.

  3. #3
    Retro Grouch
    Reputation: aka brad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,091

    It's not about me;

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSingleGuy
    You are a very good man.
    but thanks for the thought.

    This something everyone can do. One paper angel I saw was an 8 year old boy that wanted "Warm Clothing"; that's really wrong. Let's all do what we can.

    1G1G, Brad
    Last edited by aka brad; 12-04-2005 at 08:57 PM.

  4. #4
    And He was Not
    Reputation: Enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,654
    Alas, someone who lives what they believe.

    Good for You, and a Merry Christmas to You.

  5. #5
    Just Give'r!
    Reputation: cmatcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    212
    very cool idea, and it does hit home when a lot of us are droppping over a hundred bucks for a seat or a headset, how much that amount can mean to the less fortunate.

  6. #6
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    Thanks for the reminder. It's easy to let stuff like this slip by in the daily muck.

    My eyes are peeled for a paper angel.

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  7. #7
    Strongbow or Bust!!!!
    Reputation: The Tractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    430

    Sticky please?

    Thankyou for reminding all of us about the less fortunate in our society. I'll look for one of those paper angels too and do the same.
    Merry Christmas.

    Rob
    Fermented Apple Juice rules!!!!!! BURRRRPP!!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SSTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tractor
    Thankyou for reminding all of us about the less fortunate in our society. I'll look for one of those paper angels too and do the same.
    Merry Christmas.

    Rob
    I have not seen these, where do you find them? Can someone provide the information please.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SScheetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTurtle
    I have not seen these, where do you find them? Can someone provide the information please.
    I'll be looking for these also. Tell us more.

  10. #10
    Retro Grouch
    Reputation: aka brad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,091

    If your not a church-goer..

    Quote Originally Posted by SScheetz
    I'll be looking for these also. Tell us more.
    ..try your local Salvation Army. Thank you all, I knew you would get it

    1G1G, Brad

  11. #11
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,510

    Well done, man...

    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    ..try your local Salvation Army. Thank you all, I knew you would get it

    1G1G, Brad
    My mom is the head social worker at the county jail here, and has run the "Angel Tree" program for the kids of inmates for the past 20 years.
    It's really heartbreaking to hear innocent children hoping for stuff like a bed, or a warm coat.
    Regardless of anyone's religious beliefs, this is an excellent time of year to help those less fortunate than ourselves.

    the los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

    dongerparty.com

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    624
    I've also seen the trees at the mall and in my town, the local fire dept. collects new toys to distribute to local children.
    We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

    www.mtbnj.com

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pinkdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    167

    There is also the Bikes or Bust Program

    In keeping with the cyclist in all of us....
    "Bikes or Bust" for Katrina Victims

    http://www.uss.salvationarmy.org/uss...7?openDocument

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.