paging MellowCat..re Spokejunkies ride....- Mtbr.com
    USB Rep'n

paging MellowCat..re Spokejunkies ride....

Hey Scott, when and where is the ride? If its way south, Im prolly out but I might be able to hook up with you guys if it's not too far. Fill me in man.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

The Top Cap Guy
    This year itis at Mohichan.....

http://www.spokejunkies.com/ubbthrea...oard=firstride

I'll be there!

FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

Penis Goat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    This year itis at Mohichan.....

http://www.spokejunkies.com/ubbthrea...oard=firstride

I'll be there!

FF
    I'll be there too!

Brian <--still trying to find someone to spend the night at OSU with...no way am I doing that five hour drive from here in the morning. Scheiße.

mtbr member

you have no excuses...

as Mohican is WAY closer to you than us!

I'm riding SS, Freddy still needs some coaxing to get his lovely Spicer out. I'm sure your going the one gear route if you come, right? Lets put some peer pressure on Freddy!

I've never been to Mohican, but its listed as a Free Ride trail by IMBA so it can't be all bad!

Let me know if your coming, I may come up Friday and camp.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    Hey Scott, when and where is the ride? If its way south, Im prolly out but I might be able to hook up with you guys if it's not too far. Fill me in man.

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowCat
    I'm riding SS, Freddy still needs some coaxing to get his lovely Spicer out. I'm sure your going the one gear route if you come, right? Lets put some peer pressure on Freddy!
    MC
    I see how it is.... I'm still on the fence... if it's muddy the Heckler will take the mud better (clearance and fenders) if it looks to be dry the SS will be more fun... although the DH course there could become temping if I had 5" of travel on each end..... lol....

FF

mtbr member

Bring em'...

both! I plan on riding the 10 mile course twice. Its to far to drive for only 10 miles.

I have some 1.85/2.0 Blades if you need thinner mud tires.

MC

I see how it is.... I'm still on the fence... if it's muddy the Heckler will take the mud better (clearance and fenders) if it looks to be dry the SS will be more fun... although the DH course there could become temping if I had 5" of travel on each end..... lol....

FF

USB Rep'n
    wow, you're right about no excuses. I REALLY want to be there so if I can get things ready for next week's vacation (translated, good will with the wife), Im on it! I would definitely SS it (I didn't realize there should even be a choice). Mohican is a fun loop, rolling but a good deal of climbing and much of it off camber. It drains reasonably well but the forecast is not looking great so plan on some mud. Im not talking about enough mud to not SS (again, what are these "gear" things people keep talking about?). Anyway, it should be sweet so kkep your fingers crossed for me, I'd love to hook up with you guys there.

Fred, c'mon man, in your heart you know Mohican is all about that one gear....starts chant...Freddy, Freddy, Freddy!!

eh-nay Ityopia!

Powered by Pulvoron
    freddy,
    come on bring the spicer ss bike. we will be down friday night to pre-ride the trail. in other words which bike to ride for saturday. i'll have the slingshot and the nrs with me.. a caddy to carry both bikes.

dirt diggler

Lazy People Suck
    Where and when is this event? I may have to try to make it there if I can. I am kind of tired of being a roadie, which is pretty much what I have been for the last month.

I am currently without a single speed as my beloved Merlin took a trip on the big brown truck to its new owner yesterday. I still cannot believe that I sold it. I will probably be about a month without a SS, but I just built up a Titus Racer X for a trail bike, that is ready for action.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

USB Rep'n

What????

Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    Where and when is this event? I may have to try to make it there if I can. I am kind of tired of being a roadie, which is pretty much what I have been for the last month.

I am currently without a single speed as my beloved Merlin took a trip on the big brown truck to its new owner yesterday. I still cannot believe that I sold it. I will probably be about a month without a SS, but I just built up a Titus Racer X for a trail bike, that is ready for action.
    Fett, did you temporarily lose touch with all that is good and right? Selling the Merlin, that's just plain sick! Hope you (and I) can make it, Mohican is a fun little course.

eh-nay Ityopia!

Lazy People Suck
    Fett, did you temporarily lose touch with all that is good and right? Selling the Merlin, that's just plain sick! Hope you (and I) can make it, Mohican is a fun little course.
    I have a new SS in the works. It is just going to take a little while to get done. I don' t know if it was a good idea or not. I really liked that Merlin, but I decided I wanted a SS specific bike, not a converted one.

The Top Cap Guy
    Fett

Did you see the Link above in GirchyGirchy's post - info there!

I'll find a fender for the SS bike.... and I have some 1.95 Trail Rakers I'll try.... so now I'm leaning more SS than Dualy....

Later
    FF

mtbr member

Its working....

keep up the peer pressure!

MC

Fett

Did you see the Link above in GirchyGirchy's post - info there!

I'll find a fender for the SS bike.... and I have some 1.95 Trail Rakers I'll try.... so now I'm leaning more SS than Dualy....

Later
    FF

The Top Cap Guy
    keep up the peer pressure!

MC
    Yes it is... I'm leaning that way right now - but the dually is still making the trip too - atleast for now it is....

FF

mtbr member

allright...

as long as your bringing both bikes and plan on riding the SS on at least one lap with us SS guys.

My foot is still messed up, hopefully I'll be in better shape by friday.

MC

Yes it is... I'm leaning that way right now - but the dually is still making the trip too - atleast for now it is....

FF

mtbr member

Fett...

hit the www.spokejunkies.com website for details. I would imagine from Columbus IN, you'd have quite a drive. The trails are 3 hours north from Cincy. If you make it to Cincy I can carry you the rest of the way.

MC

USB Rep'n
    I have a new SS in the works. It is just going to take a little while to get done. I don' t know if it was a good idea or not. I really liked that Merlin, but I decided I wanted a SS specific bike, not a converted one.
    thank Heavens. for a second there, I thought Freddy, Scott, and I were gonna have to put a good ole fashioned beat down on ya! that Merlin was s sweet bike either way though. if you go SS specific, you still gonna run those funky discos?? (just teasin ya man). hope to see you this weekend (I hope I make it myself).

eh-nay Ityopia!

Lazy People Suck
    thank Heavens. for a second there, I thought Freddy, Scott, and I were gonna have to put a good ole fashioned beat down on ya! that Merlin was s sweet bike either way though. if you go SS specific, you still gonna run those funky discos?? (just teasin ya man). hope to see you this weekend (I hope I make it myself).
    I can't make it this weekend (son's birthday party) so I will probably be riding on the road again this weekend. If has rained nonstop for the last 2 days and doesn't show any signs of letting up.

The Top Cap Guy

I'm pulling the Switcherooo.....

With all the rain we have gotten (including overnight) here... I think the SS may stay at home... I don't want to drag the bike up there on the hitch rack and get it all funked up with road grime (and now the Heckler definitely can't sit out there - especially now that it's for sale). So this weekend is hopefully going to be the final voyage of the dually geared bike... then it's off to the candy store and figure out what to get next!

No changing my mind now - support me selling the geared stuff would ya.....

FF

mtbr member

Why can't ...

you put the SS inside the car....You have room for it, right?

Besides, Ti can take some road grime!

Come on man...go cold turkey, start riding SS NOW!

Ok, there's my pep talk to you today.

Don't make me buy a Pink 1x1 and try and pass you on every climb!

MC

With all the rain we have gotten (including overnight) here... I think the SS may stay at home... I don't want to drag the bike up there on the hitch rack and get it all funked up with road grime (and now the Heckler definitely can't sit out there - especially now that it's for sale). So this weekend is hopefully going to be the final voyage of the dually geared bike... then it's off to the candy store and figure out what to get next!

No changing my mind now - support me selling the geared stuff would ya.....

FF

The Top Cap Guy
    Don't make me buy a Pink 1x1 and try and pass you on every climb!

MC
    You'd pass me on a unicycle.... when am I ever ahead of you???

..... and I'm not driving... my buddy is bringing his pick up and we are stuffing it full! We are bringing a secret cool meal for everyone!

FF

mtbr member

the Cincinnati crowd...

are dropping like flies....

One guy out sick, another MIA, and my wife is barfing as I type this.

Hopefully things settle down overnight, if not have fun without me!

GirchyGirchy is on his way, met up with him today and got him a singulator to convert his Specialized. He did the conversion in the parking lot, its ready to rumble.

MC

You'd pass me on a unicycle.... when am I ever ahead of you???

..... and I'm not driving... my buddy is bringing his pick up and we are stuffing it full! We are bringing a secret cool meal for everyone!

FF

Penis Goat!
    GirchyGirchy is on his way, met up with him today and got him a singulator to convert his Specialized. He did the conversion in the parking lot, its ready to rumble.

MC
    More like ready to crumble...anyone who heard me skipping my way up a climb can attest to that. I'll try the 34t ring when I get it, and maybe a 20t cog in back for more wrap...gonna get it one of these days!

Just goes to show...never install new, untested (on your bike at least) parts before a good ride without an easy backup plan. Or backup bike.

Ah well, it was still a good time. Sorry you couldn't make it MC, but thanks for getting the parts to me, I appreciate it. Hope your wife and kids get better quick!

mtbr member

Chain skipping?

hmmm, that suprises me really. Chainring or cog slipping? On bumps, or when you crank on it? You do need a new chainring on the front, with out ramps.

Besides the skipping did you like the trail? Mohican is listed in IMBA's freeride guide so I'm assuming there's some fun terrain there!

MC

Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    More like ready to crumble...anyone who heard me skipping my way up a climb can attest to that. I'll try the 34t ring when I get it, and maybe a 20t cog in back for more wrap...gonna get it one of these days!

Just goes to show...never install new, untested (on your bike at least) parts before a good ride without an easy backup plan. Or backup bike.

Ah well, it was still a good time. Sorry you couldn't make it MC, but thanks for getting the parts to me, I appreciate it. Hope your wife and kids get better quick!

mtbr member

Chain skipping?

hmmm, that suprises me really. Chainring or cog slipping? On bumps, or when you crank on it? You do need a new chainring on the front, with out ramps.

Besides the skipping did you like the trail? Mohican is listed in IMBA's freeride guide so I'm assuming there's some fun terrain there!

MC

Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy

Penis Goat!

MC
    Freddy watched it some, and he thinks it was in the back near the cog. Which is weird. I'm going to see if I can get the chain tighter today. It was only skipping when I was cranking, not over bumps. And I'll get that new 'ring soon....I might give up waiting for the LBS to reopen and order one, even though it'll cost a little more.

Heck yeah, there's some nice stuff there! My favourite section was a pretty technical rocky area, with a couple of large ones and a bridge. The downhill parts were great, not too rooty or rocky. We'll have to make it up there sometime.

Penis Goat!
    I just got done working on it, it seems to be ok now. I removed the chain, cleaned it and the gears, got the chainline looking better, and put some more tension on the Singleator. I tried removing another link, but it was too tight. I'm sure the 34t ring will be even better, it'll increase the tension and give more wrap.