Paging Fast Freddy- Mtbr.com
    Fat Boy Deluxe

Paging Fast Freddy

Hey Fred,

Could you post a close up pic of your Spicer Ti hydro cable routes? They are called C-clamps right? Just curios how that all works. Thanks!

DT

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by DmofoT
    Hey Fred,

Could you post a close up pic of your Spicer Ti hydro cable routes? They are called C-clamps right? Just curios how that all works. Thanks!

DT
    I'll do it tonight!

Thanks!
    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

The Top Cap Guy
    Here's some pics... I have no idea what they are called... but this is what they look like....

Sorry for the bad photos.. been a long day and I'm tired...

FF
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fat Boy Deluxe

Nice!

Thanks Fred! That's just what I was looking for. Those cable routes look ssweet. That just seems like the best option for routing hydraulic brake cables right now. As long as it does it's job and holds the cable tight. I really like the idea of being able to remove the brake without having to disconnect the cable and having to do a bleed job.

So you haven't had any issues with them? I also really like your placement, you got a nice setup there.

DT

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    Here's some pics... I have no idea what they are called... but this is what they look like....

FF

The Top Cap Guy
    So you haven't had any issues with them? I also really like your placement, you got a nice setup there.DT
    Just make sure they are no where you will bump them while riding - I have a weird feeling that they will take a hunk out of you! Mine haven't yet - but I think about it sometimes...

FF

get down!
    just get the ones that use zip ties like my monkey, those are real nice
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member

Yes, those cable guides will hurt...

[QUOTE=Fast Freddy]Just make sure they are no where you will bump them while riding - I have a weird feeling that they will take a hunk out of you! Mine haven't yet - but I think about it sometimes...

if you fall on them. It happened to me early last year. I crashed and one of the guides tore my right inner thigh up pretty good (and my nice new shorts in the process). I should note that I have one of the early Spicer Ti frames where the guides were positioned on the top tube. My frame has since been modified and the guides are now underneath (Gene is one of the best out there for customer service and standing behind his products). I believe all the new frames are built with the guides under the top tube.

mtbr member

I've heard that kind of cable guide being called

FF

A labyrinth guide. Makes sense to me, and they work well on my Fetish.

Faster Than Your TV!

Have the same type of cable holders on my Isis...

Thanks Fred! That's just what I was looking for. Those cable routes look ssweet. That just seems like the best option for routing hydraulic brake cables right now. As long as it does it's job and holds the cable tight. I really like the idea of being able to remove the brake without having to disconnect the cable and having to do a bleed job.

So you haven't had any issues with them? I also really like your placement, you got a nice setup there.

DT
    work great, but I'm using Avid mechs (smaller housing diameter?) so they don't hold the cable super tight, but tight enough to not be a problem.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!

I'm not sure if these are the same...

...but I like these ones on my zebdi. If I went custom I'd go with these:

The Top Cap Guy
    My Heckler has the zip tie cable mount and I liked them better until I slammed my leg into them and cut myself good with the inpack from the zip tie head (and yes it was trimmed! I still prefer the zip tie mounts but the ones on my Heckler work fine also....

FF

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Yea, I'm using zip ties on my mountain bike now and I don't really like it. They are trimmed up, but you still have the little knob. Plus, maybe not so on your bike, but zip ties look ghettofabulous on my bike. Just seems like if your putting money out for a custom frame, zip ties is the last thing I would think of to hold my cables, maybe that's just me. I mean duct tape probably works just as well and it's nice and shiny

DT

My Heckler has the zip tie cable mount and I liked them better until I slammed my leg into them and cut myself good with the inpack from the zip tie head (and yes it was trimmed! I still prefer the zip tie mounts but the ones on my Heckler work fine also....

FF

The Top Cap Guy
    Here's the one's from my Heckler... they have a nice little base that cradles the housing then the zip tie keeps it from moving...

FF