"Out For Delivery"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

"Out For Delivery"

OK, so it took a month longer than originally quoted, but my Ionic Johnny Rotten is on a UPS truck on it's way to my house.

I'll build tonight (Dimension fork, Surly hubs, Avid Mechs, XT cranks (old 74/110's) etc...), ride all weekend, and report back on Monday.

Yippee.

-Andrew

get down!
    when you finally get it, refuse the package and send it back to them...haha

that oughtta piss them off
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewthorne
    OK, so it took a month longer than originally quoted, but my Ionic Johnny Rotten is on a UPS truck on it's way to my house.

I'll build tonight (Dimension fork, Surly hubs, Avid Mechs, XT cranks (old 74/110's) etc...), ride all weekend, and report back on Monday.
    Sounds like you got lucky on only a month late, by some people's accounts. Now you need to punish her for being late.....Say "Baby, we's gonna do a month-o-ridin in these two days, gotch yer chain lube?"
    "Life is a [email protected]#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    Sounds like you got lucky on only a month late, by some people's accounts. Now you need to punish her for being late.....Say "Baby, we's gonna do a month-o-ridin in these two days, gotch yer chain lube?"

Don't get me wrong. I'm really not pissed at the Dean/Ionic guys at all. All through the past month they've been upfront about the status of the frame. And because they felt bad about the delay, they upgraded my shipping to 2-day (so I can ride it this weekend) AND threw in a Ti seatpost.

I really can't complain. And if the bike is half as nice as I'm hoping, I REALLY won't be able to complain.

That said, we do have a little lost time to make up for...

Cheers,

-Andrew

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewthorne
    Don't get me wrong. I'm really not pissed at the Dean/Ionic guys at all. All through the past month they've been upfront about the status of the frame. And because they felt bad about the delay, they upgraded my shipping to 2-day (so I can ride it this weekend) AND threw in a Ti seatpost.

I really can't complain. And if the bike is half as nice as I'm hoping, I REALLY won't be able to complain.

That said, we do have a little lost time to make up for...

Cheers,

-Andrew
    that was really cool of them to do. most bike mfgrs. seem to take the "bend over and grab em" approach to dealing with problems like these. sounds like your experience, while frustrating, hasn't been so. enjoy that ride man.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    enjoy that ride man.
    That's the plan.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Members who have read this thread: 0