OS Blackbuck- Mtbr.com

Thread: OS Blackbuck

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

OS Blackbuck

Hi, I recently bought one of these. Anyone have experience running a 100mm or 120mm fork on theirs? I prefer to ride more technical terrain in a more upright position.

Thx!

Needed Less ~ Did More
    I have run a Maverick SC32 fork on my Blackbuck. It is a great fork and very tuneable so you can set it just as you like it and its super fast to service at home.

It raised the front end up a fair bit, slacked out the angles and the reduced rake (39mm vs 51mm) slowed the handling. Having said that it "rode like a bike" with no particular handling traits (good or bad) and was well behaved.

I have now gone back to the BB fork as the frame was designed to work with it and the shorter, long offset fork really speeds up the handling and makes the bike come alive. Looking at the old WTB Phoenix (26" wheel) geometry I can see how Mark arrived at it and what he was aiming for with a big wheeled frame.

The great part of the BB is that you can run any fork you like (see GuitarTeds multi-fork trial on twentynineinches.com) but for it to really shine I would stick with the BB fork.

Just my $0.02

SSP

"Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

Members who have read this thread: 0