Opinions of the latest Dirt Rag Cover Art- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Opinions of the latest Dirt Rag Cover Art

Um, I think I attached this pic correctly for all to see, if not its on home page of dirtragmag.com . I bought the issue, just cause the front had head lines like, "The Revival of an Industry", and Save on Gas. Study the bike, and let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Witty McWitterson
    What? like it looks like a 29" SS w/a brooks. Nice n' simple!
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    I love the image. Great combination of minimal technology(discs) and durable design. Kind of a working mans bike. At least that is the vibe I get.

JJT
    mtbr member
    It is great you mention this image, because since I got the latest issue I've been looking at that image over and over again. My plan was to mail DirtRag and ask if this image is available as poster! I want it!

The bike is just how I like em, simple and clean, steel and discs.

But I guess you mean something special?
    Is it your bike?

JJ
    Singlespeed Central - European SS and 29" webshop

B****es!
    I love the cover. If they had it available as a poster, I would definitely pick one up. I like its simplicity with its nice accents, Brooks saddle, disc brakes, and what looks like 29er wheels.

I was traveling home from a short business trip a couple of days ago, the plane had stopped at the gate and everyone was standing waiting to get off of the plane. I was still sitting with this Dirt Rag issue in the seat next to me, and a gentleman behind me was standing there looking at the issue. He didn't just glance at it, he kept staring at it. Every time I looked, he was starting at the cover. I thought it was pretty funny.

Fisher test pilot

New school, old school.

When my issue arrived the first thing I noticed was revival of an industry. Next I realized that the bike had a disc set up with a threaded steerer. I thought it was clever whether the artist intended it or not. Mesh modern day components with "retro."

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah I dig it. The bike and a mans man riding it. Not some lycra clad waifer boy. Can't say enough about the bike. SS disk 29er with a quill stem. Thats some custom steel, which goes hand in hand with the issues content. Definately poster worthy.
    My tapeworm tells me what to do.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I thought the same thing, I want a poster! It would be like a Bike Revolucion! idea, like a Che Guevara shirt or something. If anyone gets a hold of Dirtrag or the artist on this, let me know!

My opin about the bike is its just about the most ideal ride I could dream up. I'm starting to lean towards Quill stems, cause you don't need a bunch of fixed spacers to adjust the height of the front end, its a lot cleaner looking also. The Brooks saddle, is the same as I have on my ride, but mine is a springer, love that saddle, I could write a book on that. Steel rigid, that's was a my first MTB when I was 14, a Tange Prestige Mongoose, and I'm still riding steel rigid today. Even after owning a Cannondale Headshok bike, nothiing matches Steel.

I'm gald to see people were as enthu'sd as I was about this picture, it has a lot of meaning to it.

mtbr member

art rag

They consistantly have great covers. I'm so happy that they have made a comitment to illustration for the covers (though the photos they use every once and a while are also quite choice).

It really helps them stand out and it really helps bring attention to some talented artists.

hellraiser
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT
    It is great you mention this image, because since I got the latest issue I've been looking at that image over and over again. My plan was to mail DirtRag and ask if this image is available as poster! I want it!

The bike is just how I like em, simple and clean, steel and discs.

But I guess you mean something special?
    Is it your bike?

JJ
    Man, it does look just like my new bike! Rigid Karate Monkey with Brooks saddle and discs.
    eh?

mtbr member

Dirt Rag Rules

First thing I tought when it showed up in the mailbox was, "Poster. I need the poster..."

I still want the poster.

-Mark

PS

Got my first SS today. My 20 minute test ride turned into an hour of bliss. More on that later...

Got Mojo?

Make mine steel.

I look forward to the day that I find a new DR in my mail...
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    May 2005

Poster Now available

Quote Originally Posted by Konnichiwa!
    I love the cover. If they had it available as a poster, I would definitely pick one up. I like its simplicity with its nice accents, Brooks saddle, disc brakes, and what looks like 29er wheels.

I just recieved the new issue of Dirt Rag, they offer that cover as a poster for $6 ($5 if you buy 2) in their merchandise sevtion.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    for some reason when i see this cover I immediately think back to that Simpsons quote:

Where you been, Homer? The entire steel industry is gay. Eh, aerospace, too, and the railroads. And you know what else? Broadway.

doesnt detract from the cover, just me and my homersexual tendencies.

B****es!
    Just got my latest Dirt Rag issue and they definitely have it available as poster! Looks even better with all the text stripped.

Nice, but I'd take the naked Christina Begy poster any day

mtbr member

Word!

Can I get an Amen from the congregation.

Members who have read this thread: 0