On-One Superlight 440mm fork impressions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

On-One Superlight 440mm fork impressions

Looking to pick one of these forks up to complete my sliding drop out Inbred. Anyone riding one? Are they harsh, smooth? Will a 29"er wheel fit with discs? Any comments appreciated.

Thanks,

MC
    "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always 20 years behind the times." Twain

mtbr member
    I like mine just fine. I run it on a 26er in place of an 80mm fork. 430mm would have been perfect but I only notice the extra 10mm on climbs when I have the trail-a-bike on the back or loaded down panniers. Rides real nice and doesn't beat the snot out of me.

mtbr member
    I have the 440mm On One fork on my 26er Inbred. It is not as compliant as I would like, but I weigh only 165lbs. However, I would not call it harsh either.

I have converted my 26er Inbred to a 69er and the fork fits a 29er wheel with room to spare. The Avid BB7 disk brake also fit perfectly. And on my 16in Inbred frame, there is no toe overlap with the 29er wheel.

Overall I like the fork a lot and would recommend it.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    Thanks for the responses. Any idea how wide of a tire would fit? Thinking about trying a 2.7 or 3.0 for the winter months when the leaves are thick!
    "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always 20 years behind the times." Twain

mtbr member
    I think 2.7 would fit, but I never tried it myself. However, the V brakes would interfere with mounting the tire. As for a 3.0, I really don't know.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

those are Rollercams...
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowCat
    Thanks for the responses. Any idea how wide of a tire would fit? Thinking about trying a 2.7 or 3.0 for the winter months when the leaves are thick!
    I swap between a 26 and 29 front on my Inbred, got a Nokian Gazzaloddi 3.0 on the Superlight fork with no problem.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0