On-One 29er fork for a '07 Cog..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

On-One 29er fork for a '07 Cog..

Some spare cash, looking to replace the fork for something a tad better. Looks like the specs on the On-One are the same (close) as the MC fork. 470mm a/c, suspension corrected. This be a good upgrade fit?

Also i'll be replacing the stem (donno what length/rise yet) along with some mary bars..

meh... whatever
    the superlight is a decent fork. being segmented you'll get slightly more front/rear flex with a unicrown fork, which some people like (at 190 lbs and aggressive rider i dont care for it). its made of cro-mo, which doesnt ride as well as a reynold, columbus, or thron steel fork. i personally prefer a high quality steel unicrown fork which is somewhat stiffer front to rear yet has an excellent ride quality.

the niner bikes fork is a great fork (little over 1/2 longer ac length, same rake), as is the IF and vicious and a few others.

if youre not super aggressive or somewhat lighter you may want to think about a ti fork. i find the segmented ti forks to be WAY to flexy for the way i ride, but it did have a nice ride quality when i wasnt wildly flexing the legs. (im trying to find a unicrown ti fork with v mounts for my cross bike.) for smooth, rolling single track i thought the segmented ti fork was great, but the more gnarly the going got the less i liked it. sold it to a buddy who weighs about 155 and hes totally in love with the thing.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

mtbr member
    I'm a big guy.. 270#... I'll check into those other forks. Gonna stay away from Ti.. heh.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus
    I'm a big guy.. 270
    HOLY CRAP!!!!

yes, stay away.... far, far away from the ti fork... and carbon forks...

actually, you may want to consider avoiding segmented forks as well. as i said previously they do flex more than a unicrown fork and a hoss such as yourself could make one flex quite a bit. hehehehehe

IMHO the niner fork would be a great choice for you. its a really nice renyolds steel fork, and is less $$$ than the IF and vicious forks.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Members who have read this thread: 0