Oktoberfest ride! (X-post in Midwest)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Oktoberfest ride! (X-post in Midwest)

Paging 1strongone1, ~martini~, latte hardtail, and one of our newest members, que_lastima (and anyone else who's going to be in the LaCrosse Wisco area on Saturday Oct. 1st)...MTB group ride 11:00 Saturday morning meeting at Smith's Cycling and Fitness on 7th and State Streets in LaCrosse. If you don't want to ride up the bluff, you can drive to the top and meet us in the parking lot under the big golf ball probably 30-45 minutes later.

See you there!

mtbr member

Aaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    Paging 1strongone1, ~martini~, latte hardtail, and one of our newest members, que_lastima (and anyone else who's going to be in the LaCrosse Wisco area on Saturday Oct. 1st)...MTB group ride 11:00 Saturday morning meeting at Smith's Cycling and Fitness on 7th and State Streets in LaCrosse. If you don't want to ride up the bluff, you can drive to the top and meet us in the parking lot under the big golf ball probably 30-45 minutes later.

See you there!
    AAAA! fuknuts! I wanna go but can't! Someone ride for me.

mtbr member

Aaa!

See you there!
    AAAA! fuknuts! I wanna go but can't! Someone ride for me.

[email protected]
    I will be there, Smith's at 11. I look forward to riding the trails with people who can actually link them together.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"

mtbr member

Too bad ernesto!

You should defintely get up that way sometime to ride. In fact everyone should! If you're ever thinking of heading up...give me a couple days notice and I'll go too!

Glad you can make it up Jeff. It should be a pretty good sized group ride. I've heard rumors of a proper Oktoberfest party that evening too if you can stick around.
    Last edited by Nater; 09-27-2005 at 02:03 PM.

[email protected]
    I may end up watching the child as part of the plea bargain, which will allow me to ride. We will see, it has been a few years since my last "proper" festing party.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"

mtbr member

Describe the trails

vs. Wausau. I may be able to convince the OZman to head down there with me.
    Professional Amateur

Witty McWitterson
    Think Lebanon Hills...but with hills. Good stuff. The trails can't really compare to Wausau, but are pretty similar to Holzinger and Leb Hills. C'mon down boys! I'll probably be there too. I'm pretty much bailing on the Cross race on Sunday over by Mwke.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member

You guys should come for sure...

the only real pain in the a$$ hill is TNT heading up the bluff from LaX. You can avoid that by driving to the top (if you want directions, let me know) or meeting at the shop, riding that way, and walking the damn hill. There will be numerous people walking the hill including myself despite the "pizza-cutter" sized freewheel I have on the Monkey. The rest of it is pretty rolling and we'll go down the longest switchback infested hill in the place. I think you'll be impressed if you guys make it down.

mtbr member

That sounds sweet

is there any place to crash Sat night in case "somebody" decides to have a few too many post ride barley sodas? I'll PM re directions.

I'll most likely be on gears but I'm never ashamed to walk...
    Professional Amateur

mtbr member

411 sent...

via the e-mail addy you sent me. Let me know if you don't get it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Would you guys mind if a few others from the cities joined you? A couple friends and I are coming down for the weekend festivites, and to party with my little brother (student). A bike ride before hand would make the weekend that much better. We'll have a mix of bikes with lots of extra gears in case you guys need a couple....

Will this be a hard-core group ride or more of the layed back version?

Pete

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosk
    Would you guys mind if a few others from the cities joined you? A couple friends and I are coming down for the weekend festivites, and to party with my little brother (student). A bike ride before hand would make the weekend that much better. We'll have a mix of bikes with lots of extra gears in case you guys need a couple....

Will this be a hard-core group ride or more of the layed back version?

Pete
    No problem guys...the more the merrier. I have a feeling the group will be pretty good sized which means that there will be groups of varying abilities that will re-group often. Let me know if you need more detailed directions to the start of the ride.

Nater

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    No problem guys...the more the merrier. I have a feeling the group will be pretty good sized which means that there will be groups of varying abilities that will re-group often. Let me know if you need more detailed directions to the start of the ride.

Nater
    Sweet, my bro lives in town, so he should be able to get us to the start. See you guys then.

PK

Members who have read this thread: 0