Where are You ?
    Mar 2007

Free Wheel Love for WI (thread title changed)

Don't know what is up with the search function so bear with me....

Thinking about a 20t and 18t to start with for the Inbred to match to a 32 chainring (it has 16t already).

Which kind do the bike geeks out there recommend for the On-One Inbred...King, Spot, Surly, steel, Al, Ti ??

I ride a variety of offroad terrain from flat to long steep

Also, been riding in higher gears for a while, but Yes, this is my first SS
    Last edited by SoCaliking; 09-09-2007 at 10:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Surly steel. Buy an 18 and a 20 and swap out based on where you're riding..

trail rat
    Didja get dinky wheels or real wheels?
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

Where are You ?
    Mar 2007
    Slo - ur killin me

I got the 26 wheels, saved the money. it was a very hard choice with the body of stuff I read and the people I spoke to. Anyhow, maybe, down the road, that will be the next thing for me. It's nice to have something else to look forward to and to keep my interest level high.

Anyhow, it's still a beaut Inbred. 24.9 out of the box for CHEAP and the owner of that company seems to really care...

Looking forward to riding the same trails in a different way and the full body work out in a short time, which will be great in the winter.

thanks for asking man.
    Last edited by SoCaliking; 09-05-2007 at 03:39 PM.

trail rat
    My user name is where I live. SLO=San Luis Obispo; CA=California; US=Unites States.
    I dunno how Claus is, or Klaus for that matter.

On-One bike are probably the best deal for the money, in my opinion. Just be careful to stay off trying a 29er, or you will be buying a real bike and selling the one you just got!

Have fun on it. Your hubs are SS FW and not cassette, right? You might want a 20T, but when you are in shape, likely an 18T is where you will settle. I run a 32/20 on my 29er, where rule of thumb is 10% more teeth than a 26" bike which would equal 32/18.

SS freewheels are cheap, so having a couple is not a big investment, and I do occasionally change for different rides.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

Where are You ?
    Mar 2007
    Hey, I changed it !

Been out of town for a while and will go on my first ride today on the 16T. I know it will kill me.

Ya, it might be a free wheel. Looks like there is alot of metal on both sides of the teeth. Not ready to take it apart until after today's ride.

Still learning and thanks for the help!!!!

Where are You ?
    Mar 2007

SloCaus

Hey - just an update...

U were right. I went with a 20T WI freewheel and it rocks. Got up much of what I normally do. Got really beat up on the way down. Need to learn how to ride lighter I guess or get a small shock. I'll probably keep the WI and change the chain ring in the front if it seems necessary.

So far, I'll keep riding the dually and use this one for solo riding, work outs, etc. I have a feeling this SS thing will grow on me and, who knows, a 29er could be in the future cause curosity will get the best of me. Maybe I'll get a really cheap used one....

thanks man

Members who have read this thread: 0