Oh, the Sufferring . . .- Mtbr.com
    I speak for the trees

Oh, the Sufferring . . .

I think someone once posted on how well a Jericho Sufferring would hold up. Well, I got an answer this weekend - about 1500 miles of SoCal climbing.

It broke, nay shattered, on a short but steep uphill. It's always unnerving to go over the bars, especially uphill. Fortunately, the only thing that broke was the ring. Over the years I've added more and more spare stuff to carry with me on rides, but I was clean out of extra chainrings.

I don't think these are easy to come by any more since Jericho no longer makes them. I know Spot has a spiderless ring but I'd like to find out more about the Boone Ti rings. Does anyone have a picture of one? I didn't see any spiderless ones on their website.
    Attached Images Attached Images

J_T
    Pale-ale-ontologist

Long wait but worth it

Quote Originally Posted by lorax
    I think someone once posted on how well a Jericho Sufferring would hold up. Well, I got an answer this weekend - about 1500 miles of SoCal climbing.

It broke, nay shattered, on a short but steep uphill. It's always unnerving to go over the bars, especially uphill. Fortunately, the only thing that broke was the ring. Over the years I've added more and more spare stuff to carry with me on rides, but I was clean out of extra chainrings.

I don't think these are easy to come by any more since Jericho no longer makes them. I know Spot has a spiderless ring but I'd like to find out more about the Boone Ti rings. Does anyone have a picture of one? I didn't see any spiderless ones on their website.
    My Sufferring was toast in less than 6 months of riding time. Order the Boone but have a interim solution. FWIW I saw some Boone spiderless rings on ebay a couple of weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I speak for the trees
    Oh, but that sure is purty!! Thanks for posting the picture.

Category Winner

One more thumbs up

My Boone ring is over one year old now. It is on my only mtn bike and has seen a lot of miles and some rock-to-ring combat. It is very hard to tell that it has any use. Well worth the money. Did I mention it's sooooo pretty.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

Members who have read this thread: 0