Oh the humanity- Mtbr.com

Thread: Oh the humanity

mmm bacon

Oh the humanity

A sad day here my 1st singlespeed has to be put down,
    i've found a crack at the bottom of the seat tube and chainstay. This first bike was a converted GT avalanche, I need some help with my next bike, alittle bit about me and my bike, it's rigid, and it doubles as a commuter year round, a shock might be nice but I'm not to sure since my other bikes have shocks. Any help would be greatly apprecitaed, I was at the bike shop today and the tech suggested a gary fisher rig 29. Thanks in advance, any thougts on what to do with my frame, not that I'm a pack rat bu just tossing the frame in the garbage seems so impersonal after all that we've shared

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I am new to this whole thing, but if money was not an issue and you want a shock I really like this
    http://bianchiusa.com/06_wuss.html

but if you are looking to move your parts over to a new frame, your options are many, and know that answer didn't help

Exclusively Single
    You can get a Redline Monocog, either with 26" or 29" wheels for less than $500 as a complete bike. Can't be beat for the money. The RIG, while a fine trail bike, I wouldn't think would be a great choice for a commuter at what, 1000 bucks or so.

As for your old cracked frame, hang it on the wall or put it on the mantle. Think of it now as an art/conversation piece

Members who have read this thread: 0