nrs singlespeed- Mtbr.com

Thread: nrs singlespeed

Bike Geek

nrs singlespeed

Ok, I turrned an NRS into a singlespeed with a Forte/Sette tensioner and a Chris King cog. Now I finally got it to not skip. The only problem is it makes a horrible noise as the chain goes over the tensioner wheel, and the Forte piece is super close to the frame. Should I add a link to give it more chain to pull up? Any other tricks I should know about this tensioner?

Would a more expensive tensioner be the only solution? I can't see myself spending $70 for a tensioner. Any other thoughts? I know the tensioner is way too close to the chainstay. If I can't get rid of the sound, I may just add some gears to it. So much for being simple?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RIP AL DAVIS

WWYD?
    Does the sound go away when you push up a bit on the tensioner? Mine did and I adjusted my downward tension by slipping a ziptie through the tensioner and frame and adjusting the amount of downward pressure. It looks like your dropout linkage has a perfect spot on the top opening of the three.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I went with a Yess and it works great! A little noisy. Very solid worth the money. I have it on an older Stumpjumper M4 FS frame.

Members who have read this thread: 0