Now I really have a problem!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Now I really have a problem!

About 2 years ago I got back into cycling after 4 years off. It started with a full susp mountain bike and then a road bike. About 3 months ago I got the opportunity to buy a steel singlespeed 29er from a friend. It sat in the garage the latter part of the winter as we got a ton of snow. This last week I got to ride it for the first time. I'm not sure I've ever had more fun on a bike! Now it's nothing too high-end and we were riding the local trails which I frequent often but something was different. No shifting, just finding a line and hammering. I was totally addicted to riding before SSing, I think it's safe to say now I'm going to have a real problem! I just hope my full squish bike (that's worth at least 5x more) doesn't get lonely.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by floxy
    About 2 years ago I got back into cycling after 4 years off. It started with a full susp mountain bike and then a road bike. About 3 months ago I got the opportunity to buy a steel singlespeed 29er from a friend. It sat in the garage the latter part of the winter as we got a ton of snow. This last week I got to ride it for the first time. I'm not sure I've ever had more fun on a bike! Now it's nothing too high-end and we were riding the local trails which I frequent often but something was different. No shifting, just finding a line and hammering. I was totally addicted to riding before SSing, I think it's safe to say now I'm going to have a real problem! I just hope my full squish bike (that's worth at least 5x more) doesn't get lonely.
    I feel you..........

I have a very nice Voodoo Canzo f/s that will be seeing a lot of garage time I think.....

I just picked-up a 2009 Fisher Rig left-over.... I rode it yesterday "stock" for the first time and I had a freakin' blast!!! The best part was seeing two other SS'ers at the trail and tagging along with them....

The simplicity of it and the immediate power transfer is what has me hooked.... I grew up riding/racing BMX, and that is what this feels like....

Now, I couldn't clear all my climbs (yet), but it was still a blast!!!!

CB2
    Jam Econo
    So what's the problem?

Teen Wolf
    your squish will get lonely. might as well sell it while it's worth something

Chronic 1st-timer
    Trailwrecker at large

Expert Crasher
    Sounds like a 'calling', rather than a problem

I sold my full suspension in February, leaving my rigid SS as my only MTB.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Now this is what I like to hear!! I just bout a SS bike having never even gone mtb'ing b4. I am however coming off 15yrs of riding bmx so it should be a nice transition!

Members who have read this thread: 0