NOVA riders race alert...- Mtbr.com
    Faster Than Your TV!

Good job! NOVA riders race alert...

Got a Karate Monkey? Bring it to The Cranky Monkey race series, which begins June 6 at Wakefield Park. Second race is June 20, again at Wakefield; third race is August 1 at Fountainhead. Flyers are already popping up in various places.

Here's the link for continuing details: http://www.ex2adventures.com/

Keep in mind that this board's own Drevil came in 2nd last year in the SS category...if that's not enough to motivate you, you got some serious issues. Course, he keeps his clothes on for this one, so no worries about losing your lunch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    I won the series, but that's only because sspoop and the campster only showed up for one race each. If either one did 2, it would have been all over. It was funny at the last race where I did a dirt crit...by myself.

However, the race organizer (Jim) put out a great series. Well-prepared w/ more prizes than I've ever seen at any other "small" race. The weather really screwed up their schedule, and because Jim is so in tune w/ the local advocacy groups, he chose to run the races only after getting the ok from them. He deserves kudos, especially because he took a really big hit and lost a lot of potential racers when he postponed the last two races several times so that the trails wouldn't get trashed.

Anyways, are you going to try racing this year? I have a feeling I'll be sweeping (as in back of the pack) this year. However, I think DmofoT (donning citybikes garb) and skinny JoeP are gunning for top spots at the races.

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    Got a Karate Monkey? Bring it to The Cranky Monkey race series, which begins June 6 at Wakefield Park. Second race is June 20, again at Wakefield; third race is August 1 at Fountainhead. Flyers are already popping up in various places.

Keep in mind that this board's own Drevil came in 2nd last year in the SS category...if that's not enough to motivate you, you got some serious issues. Course, he keeps his clothes on for this one, so no worries about losing your lunch.

formerly Giantxc

... and if we just ...

While I'm getting fatter by the day (too much beer) the SS is getting lighter (new parts) - so watch out!

Hope to get out for the whole series this year. Apparently Jim from EX2 was planning to hold an 8 hr race at wakefield in April but it had to be cancelled. Hopefully He'll be able to add a long, local race in the near future.

Faster Than Your TV!

Yeah,

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Anyways, are you going to try racing this year? I have a feeling I'll be sweeping (as in back of the pack) this year. However, I think DmofoT (donning citybikes garb) and skinny JoeP are gunning for top spots at the races.
    I plan to give 'er a go. Got lotsa plans right now, so we'll see.

Didn't shivasteve have a contender spot there, but missed the last race?
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

hand me the dice

Sweeping is MY job!

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Ricky,

I might show up so sweeping duties fall on my shoulders, step off!

Chancelot Link
    "pain is only a pulse...if you just stop feeling it"

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Yea that was a fine race! I'm definitely racing again this year, but hopefully be in a little better shape. I came in 5th place overall last year in the series, so that should tell you how many people were racing, ha. I'm still shooting for a top 5 finish though this year.

DT

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt