Thanks...

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    Thanks...

Webcyclery
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member

Wholesale?

I'm not sure if you were looking for a distributor specifically (as in--where can my local shop order them) or just a source.

If you're looking for a retail source, then yes, go with Webcyclery.

If you're looking to get them through an LBS, I've heard that J&B Importers is carrying On-One bars. I'm not entirely sure if the Mary is included in this, though.
    Fat, tired.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

speaking of that bar.....

....anyone tried it? If so, what'd you think? I like the shape of it. But, I'm a little concerned that it's not wide enough. I currently run a 28" riser on my SS and like the torque it gives. So, I'm a little leary of going to the 25" width of the mary....
    The combination of super patriotism with piety, used in the service of fear to elicit votes while suppressing equality works, but it is lethal for America......

brother on a mission
    I am running it, and I love it.

It is not as wide as your 28" riser. There are a lot of reviews on this site, if you look for them.

I have a similar impression to other riders.

They feel narrow out of the box, but once you put them on the bike and ride them, they no longer feel narrow.

With this bar, you can get a lot of leverage climbing. It is kind of like running bar ends.

The bars make it very easy to get off the back of the bike, but you have to be sure that the grips are firmly attached to the bar. THere is quite a bit of pressure on the grips pulling them towards the end of the bar.

The bars also make it easy to loft the front wheel over obstacles. This was the most noticable difference to me.

The stering is very precise, and the bars are stiff. I run Oury grips, and I would highly recommend a cushy grip with these bars.

On long fireroad/road seated climbs, I have used the forward bend of the bars/brake "hoods" as a different grip position.

I have a dozen or so rides on the bars so far, and I like them. A lot.

Negatives I have seen posted:

They are heavy (~300g). For me this was a non-issue. They were comparable or lighter than the stock bar they replaced.

They are stiff. The Oury grips help a lot.

You need longer housing for your cables. I did not.

You need a longer stem. I did not. I am sure this is very personal. I am running my grips almost parallel to the ground (a slight incline). Others are running them with more "drop".

Lights are difficult to mount. There is a whole discussion of this in one of the recent review threads.

My opinion: They are nice. I got them directly from On-One, and they were worth the $79.

Cheers GF

semi-evolved simian
    Quote Originally Posted by ketchd
    ....anyone tried it? If so, what'd you think? I like the shape of it. But, I'm a little concerned that it's not wide enough. I currently run a 28" riser on my SS and like the torque it gives. So, I'm a little leary of going to the 25" width of the mary....
    It's not as wide, and it did feel narrow when moving from my 28" Azonic. But I honestly didn't notice any detremental effects out on the trail, I was able to get up a real grunt of a climb that I'll normally make about 50% of the time. I think my knuckles will ultimately thank me on some of the tight singletrack round these parts

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Great. Thanks!

Appreciate the feedback. I'm thinking (hoping) that my impression will be the same.

Ride on
    The combination of super patriotism with piety, used in the service of fear to elicit votes while suppressing equality works, but it is lethal for America......

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    To get effective bar width measure the distance between your thumbs/index fingers. This is the point where most of the leverage is applied, not the outside width of the bars.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Reviewer/Tester

King Pin

Good job! Mary/Midge/Mungo

Three words. Path/bikeshop/Tani. (now my ONLY "online" dealer!)

I got my two Midge's from Tani, fabulous experience....check 'em out!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

J&B

Quote Originally Posted by farley
    I'm not sure if you were looking for a distributor specifically (as in--where can my local shop order them) or just a source.

If you're looking for a retail source, then yes, go with Webcyclery.

If you're looking to get them through an LBS, I've heard that J&B Importers is carrying On-One bars. I'm not entirely sure if the Mary is included in this, though.
    Both the Midge and Mary can be ordered at your LBS via J&B importers.

- Josh

mtbr member
    US Customers can order via the on-one site, and we charge $75 shipped for any bar, dispatched UPS from Zedsport in CA.