No Shox T-Shirt- Mtbr.com

Thread: No Shox T-Shirt

mtbr member
    May 2011

No Shox T-Shirt

I think the shirt is self explainitory. Simple yet effective, what do you think?

2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sweet!

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    that's pretty lame.

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    I'd rock it

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    How much does one cost? Will the proceeds goes to a good cause too?

one chain loop
    the picture is an oxymoron
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Appears to be plenty of rebound available to me.

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by fishcreek View Post
    the picture is an oxymoron
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    +rep

mtbr member
    Developed by a middle child.

Apr 2007
    No offense intended to anyone here, but do you really need to advertise that you're riding with no suspension? Is it really that cool?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    No offense intended to anyone here, but do you really need to advertise that you're riding with no suspension? Is it really that cool?
    It goes well with the "29, Single, and Rigid T Shirt"!
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    If the money went to charity, like the stickers, I'd buy one. It's kinda plain tho.

mtbr member
    trademark infringement?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m View Post
    If the money went to charity, like the stickers, I'd buy one. It's kinda plain tho.
    I don't donate to charities. Fact is most charities give less then 10% of what they take in. For example in 2009 Livestrong took in almost 120 Million. They gave out around 10 Million.

The Susan G Komen is also a major offender of this. I had an aunt who had cancer and donated to SGK for years. She even did those walk a thons. What they don't tell you is if you sign up you're responsible for raising $2,300. She was unable as she was very ill. When she asked for help with her medical bills SGK instead sent her a bill for $1700. Why? because she had raised only $600 and in the fine print it states you are responsible for the difference of what you cannot raise. My aunt died in November R.I.P.

So long story short as nice as it may look on the outside to donate. I'd say roughly 90% of that money is going into the pockets of the so called charity. With the chairmen making over 7 figures. There are a few exceptions. Like the Salvation Army for example.

As for the shirts I only offer them as people inquired about them with the stickers. It makes no nevermind to me.
    2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    Do you have any data to support your claims? I'd like something a little more substantiated than your anecdotal evidence about your aunt.

...Here are some hard facts for you: Susan G Komen raised $400mn in the '09-10 fiscal year. Of that $400mn, $360mn went to research, public health education, health screening services, and treatment services. Only $77mn (or 21%) of that $360mn went towards fund-raising costs, and general and administrative costs.

The fact is: You're wrong. Susan G Komen invested 90% of their earnings into charitable activities. I'm sorry, but Susan G Komen is not an organization that's solely meant to pay medical expenses. I'm also sorry if you or your aunt were so naive to think as much.

Nobody is obligated to donate to charity. But do not concoct ******** reasons why you do not, just to help you sleep at night. And please, don't preach it on the Internet. It's that type of ignorance which dumbs down the rest of society. Fortunately, some of us are still smart enough to know better.

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Regardless of what is truth and what is hearsay even a "paltry" $10mil to charity and research is better than $0mil.

Dive Bomber
    Rather than NO SHOX, I prefer NO SHIfT.

Proudly Plus-Sized
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    +1 Rep Power

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FueledByDew View Post
    I think the shirt is self explainitory. Simple yet effective, what do you think?

I seriously hope that's a fat finger typo.

And the model needs to take some posing lessons.

And the shirt is see through.

And the logo looks blah.

Other than that,

SSOD
    Nice shirts man. Don't want to start a pissing match or argument but I can't speak to the charities you mentioned or refereed to by others, but I have audited several national name organizations with my old job, I only audited the local branches though not the national ones, and I was amazed at how much money actually went to the cause, it kinda made me sick at my stomach to tell the truth. One audit I did was as low as 10% but I wouldn't say that was the norm.

Edit: I have worked with fundraising events for specific individual's cause, like a family going through medical problems or natural disaster etc. Generally the ones on a local smaller levels organized by volunteers and friends of a cause you see close to 100% going to the families.

mtbr member
    To the OP, I bet this isn't how you thought this thread would go huh? Oh well, I don't have a problem with the shirt...

Out spokin'
    Tough crowd. FBDew, nice work... + rep applied. If you're GF/model is on here, please let me know her handle -- I'll cheerfully up hers, too.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    I'll cheerfully up hers, too

surly inbred
    Tough crowd. FBDew, nice work... + rep applied. If you're GF/model is on here, please let me know her handle -- I'll cheerfully up hers, too.

--sParty
    You owe me a keyboard.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrex20 View Post
    Do you have any data to support your claims? I'd like something a little more substantiated than your anecdotal evidence about your aunt.

...Here are some hard facts for you: Susan G Komen raised $400mn in the '09-10 fiscal year. Of that $400mn, $360mn went to research, public health education, health screening services, and treatment services. Only $77mn (or 21%) of that $360mn went towards fund-raising costs, and general and administrative costs.

The fact is: You're wrong. Susan G Komen invested 90% of their earnings into charitable activities. I'm sorry, but Susan G Komen is not an organization that's solely meant to pay medical expenses. I'm also sorry if you or your aunt were so naive to think as much.

Nobody is obligated to donate to charity. But do not concoct ******** reasons why you do not, just to help you sleep at night. And please, don't preach it on the Internet. It's that type of ignorance which dumbs down the rest of society. Fortunately, some of us are still smart enough to know better.
    Do you have any original thoughts and or facts of your own? Or is wikipedia your go to source? No one is obligated to donate you are correct. Which is why I don't. It's my choice. But please don't post wikipedia statistics as if they were the gospal. And if you are "smart enough to know better" as you claim. Then you know how to read a 990 form. Go look over theirs and get back to me. Also I am not preaching. Just laying out the facts as I have seen them. Thier 990 tax form that they actually submit is appauling. According to your stats 140 million went to public health education. Which is a sham in itself. As most of that is for advertising. So I'd advise you to make sure you knew what you were talking about before you just quote wikipedia.

Yes maybe my aunt was naive to think that the 'charity' was there to help those in need. Maybe one day the rest of the world will wise up. Won't be naive to think these organizations are there to help them. Outside of a photo op.
    2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

mtbr member
    May 2006
    How does this shirt hold up to rain? Please hose down model and re-post picture.

mtbr member
    May 2004

ripping off another mtbr user?

Didn't you just rip off this guy?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=683918

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosstown Stew View Post
    Nice shirts man. Don't want to start a pissing match or argument but I can't speak to the charities you mentioned or refereed to by others, but I have audited several national name organizations with my old job, I only audited the local branches though not the national ones, and I was amazed at how much money actually went to the cause, it kinda made me sick at my stomach to tell the truth. One audit I did was as low as 10% but I wouldn't say that was the norm.

Edit: I have worked with fundraising events for specific individual's cause, like a family going through medical problems or natural disaster etc. Generally the ones on a local smaller levels organized by volunteers and friends of a cause you see close to 100% going to the families.
    I agree 10% might have been low but not to far off. When you think of a charity you think atleast 70%+ going back. A lot of low level charities are on the up and up. As like you said are formed by volunteers and friends. But SGK and other major ones are just appauling.
    2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Didn't you just rip off this guy?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=683918
    If you read the threads with people asking for a shirt version I posted I could make the shirts and have posted a sample. Just trying to help out but this all seems more of a hassle than its worth.
    2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

mtbr member
    May 2011

--sParty
    It's never popular to stand up for what you believe in especially when it's against the norm. I appreciate the vine tho..and will let the fiancee know.
    2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    Do you have any original thoughts and or facts of your own? Or is wikipedia your go to source? No one is obligated to donate you are correct. Which is why I don't. It's my choice. But please don't post wikipedia statistics as if they were the gospal. And if you are "smart enough to know better" as you claim. Then you know how to read a 990 form. Go look over theirs and get back to me. Also I am not preaching. Just laying out the facts as I have seen them. Thier 990 tax form that they actually submit is appauling. According to your stats 140 million went to public health education. Which is a sham in itself. As most of that is for advertising. So I'd advise you to make sure you knew what you were talking about before you just quote wikipedia.

Yes maybe my aunt was naive to think that the 'charity' was there to help those in need. Maybe one day the rest of the world will wise up. Won't be naive to think these organizations are there to help them. Outside of a photo op.

Man, you still think that Susan G Komen is supposed to pay your aunt's medical expenses. I don't know if that's ignorant, naive, or just stupid.

I'm still waiting for you to cite more credible sources. You trash talk mine, yet can not provide any of your own. Deferring me to a 990 form is not a substitute. If you want to defend your argument, then DEFEND it. Until you do, you're just some bitter, uneducated schmuck (that can't spell worth a shit).

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    If you think Susan G Komen is a sham, I suggest you start your own charity, raise $400mn annually and use ALL of it to pay for cancer patients' medical expenses and nothing else. That, or shut the **** up.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrex20 View Post
    Man, you still think that Susan G Komen is supposed to pay your aunt's medical expenses. I don't know if that's ignorant, naive, or just stupid.

I'm still waiting for you to cite more credible sources. You trash talk mine, yet can not provide any of your own. Deferring me to a 990 form is not a substitute. If you want to defend your argument, then DEFEND it. Until you do, you're just some bitter, uneducated schmuck (that can't spell worth a shit).
    LoL, you got it seriously twisted. Do I think they should pay her medical expenses? No she is dead. I know there is more people without stage 4 cancer whom they could 'donate' money too. I was more concerned they billed her the 1700 for a fee that was well into the fine print when she signed up for their walk a thon. I mean who does that?

Further more how much more credible of a source do you need then the tax form they filed with the IRS going over in detail where all the money goes? If you are unable to read a tax form then who is the uneducated one? What's a reliable source? Wiki? SGK website? LoL. I hand you the truth on a silver platter and you refuse to look into it. At this point I have to imagine you're arguing to argue but in reality you're digging your self in a lower class resorting to name calling and profanity. Sad really.

I think I will start a charity. Im going to call it P.A.P. (Parents Against Pedophiles). I am going to raise 'awareness' by posting advertisements asking people to donate. Ill file that under 'public health education.' Make sure I use 20% - 25% for 'administrative cost'. Maybe i will even throw in 1% for english lessons for someone to teach me to spell.

Bottomline is SGK can't escape their 990 form regardless of what you'd rather believing. So I will walk away knowing I have giving you the resource to look into the matter yourself. You refuse to look into it and will maintain your stance. I will maintain mine and can sleep at night because I know where their money is going and not how much is going into a generalized catagory.
    2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

Out spokin'
    Mods, please move this thread to the Political-Socio-Economic-Religion forum. Thanks.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

singletrack bound
    He may ride rigid.......
    question is, does he ride SS?

Tone.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    Ha!
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankerdog View Post
    And the shirt is see through.
    Not enough for my tastes. Heck, it's awfully dry too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    He may ride rigid.......
    question is, does he ride SS?

Still not certain what a "No Shox" tee shirt has to do with riding a singlespeed

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What are we looking at in the picture? All I see are boobs.

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by raganwald View Post

Still not certain what a "No Shox" tee shirt has to do with riding a singlespeed
    me neither......but the OP did post in the singlespeed forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    me neither......but the OP did post in the singlespeed forum.
    I was kidding. I know that for many MTBR readers, SS, 29er, and Rigid are the Holy Trinity.

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    Mods, please move this thread to the Political-Socio-Economic-Religion forum. Thanks.

--sParty
    No, it only needs moved to the "Butthurt about Susan G Komen" section.

mtbr member

New question here.

Perhaps we should be outside riding instead of worrying about dubious charities?

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by raganwald View Post
    I was kidding. I know that for many MTBR readers, SS, 29er, and Rigid are the Holy Trinity.
    well, I almost fit that description.....

I have an 80mm no shox on my 29er SS

I think we all know what first comes to mind viewing the OP's pic's

he should have thrown a bike in there or something.....a trail?

HOOTERS !!!!!

Apr 2007
    Dear Sparty:

This would be an opportune time for your lesson #2.

mtbr member
    Cool shirt. When are they available? Any plans for a logo on the back?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I can't stop looking at the shirt on the model, well done dude!

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    The back of HERS should say "I RIDE THE RIGID"

mtbr member
    I don't donate to charities.
    Better hope you never need one.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I can pretty much add anything to the t-shirt. If anyone has a design they can think of let me know and i will try and replicate it on a shirt.

The shirt pictured is your basic white hanes/fruit of the loom under shirt which I personally like because it's thin, light, and breathable. I can do the designs on heavier shirts.

I posted it here because I do most of my posting and viewing on the SS forums. What I will do is repost with new pics with my SS in the backround. Mods can take down this thread
    2010 Fuji 29er Comp
    2011 Dawes Deadeye SS

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005

mtbr member
    I posted it here because I do most of my posting and viewing on the SS forums. What I will do is repost with new pics with my SS in the backround. Mods can take down this thread
    Don't over-react, I think you were being teased, not criticized. If you have time to re-photograph the model, pay attention to customer requests such as how a smaller size of shirt would fit. Also, the picture shows the front of the shirt. Connoisseurs value the fit and appearance of the back of the shirt as well, even if no logo is showing. I suggest uploading some pictures featuring the back side of the model.

SSOD
    I agree 10% might have been low but not to far off. When you think of a charity you think atleast 70%+ going back. A lot of low level charities are on the up and up. As like you said are formed by volunteers and friends. But SGK and other major ones are just appauling.
    Yeah, "Not Far Off" is correct. I audited on a city level, govt job, and don't want to get into confidentiality bs, but 20%-25% of funds raised went to the actual cause was kinda standard with the majority, usually 60%-80% going to admin and event fundraising cost. The salaries were often bloated, there was little accountability in cost allocation other than, "saying under budget" most had no controls on their spending. It was discouraging to say the least, but at least they are doing something which is more than I'm doing.

Token Hillbilly
    I like the shirt, but the hoo hoo's are better!
    Trying to win hearts and minds, but willing to stomp them if necessary.

mtbr member
    When the shirts are available, I'll buy one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I like No Shoxs too...