No 2006 Cannondale 1FG?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

No 2006 Cannondale 1FG?

Does anyone know if Cannondale is no longer producing its populate 1FG singlespeed mountain bike for next year?

I found the below link for photos of its 2006 MTB lineup, but I don't see anything that looks like an SS:

http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/cannonda.../mtb/index.htm

being is
    Get the Rig silly rabbit, crackandfails are for kids.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    aren't those tubes lead lined?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

euro

not all bikes are for every country...C-Dale has always had a different line for Europe

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoman
    not all bikes are for every country...C-Dale has always had a different line for Europe

That would probably explain it, but those were the only photos for the 2006 Cannondale line I could find.

I guess the Europeans don't care too much for SS. (Mountain Bikes, I mean.)

-

Recovering couch patato
    A couple years ago they did have the 1FG in Holland though. But really, why offer a 1FG if Fisher had the Rig? Even in Holland I know an LBS where 3 employees have Rigs. I know not a single Dutchman that owns a 1FG or will admit it.

being is
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteinb
    aren't those tubes lead lined?
    No, but my Surly's seem to be lined with lead. And sometimes my legs feel like they have some lead in them.

And some ppl poll for opinions: 1FG vs RIG and get ~90% RIG recommendation but reveal that they had already made up their mind before they ask for everyone's opinion. Or so it seems.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

What is wrong with Cannondale?

Quote Originally Posted by pseudo intellectual

What is so bad about Cannondale?

Recovering couch patato
    The "kids" comment seems to refer to the juvenile wheels exclusively being used on Cannondale mountain bikes, as opposed to the adult wheels in the case of the Rig.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    The "kids" comment seems to refer to the juvenile wheels exclusively being used on Cannondale mountain bikes, as opposed to the adult wheels in the case of the Rig.

Are the wheels the big knock against Cannondale, or is their reputation more dubious than that?

Probably drunk right now

At the risk of offending you...

As many people know, I'm usually a huggy, feely, let's all get along type of person..... but jayus farging peanut butter samwhiches.... would you please listen to the people here who have given you advice? Let me spell this out for you:

- Ride a Gary Fisher 29er that is the same frame size as the Rig.
    - Ride a C-Dale HT that is the same size as the 1 FG.
    - Determine which of these two you prefer, which one fits you best.
    - Order the fvcking thing and fvcking ride it.

You're making this much harder than it needs to be.

Ken

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Where

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    A couple years ago they did have the 1FG in Holland though. But really, why offer a 1FG if Fisher had the Rig? Even in Holland I know an LBS where 3 employees have Rigs. I know not a single Dutchman that owns a 1FG or will admit it.
    JG: 3 RIGs in one shop ?! Tell me where

I heard the 06 1FG also will have big wheels .......... I say:"good choice!"

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Get off his case, Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    As many people know, I'm usually a huggy, feely, let's all get along type of person..... but jayus farging peanut butter samwhiches.... would you please listen to the people here who have given you advice? Let me spell this out for you:

Ken

Hey, Ken.

Get off that poor guy's case. He has been asking several questions I had not thought to ask and the feedback he has generated has been invaluable in my search for my own next bike. At least somebody has the iniative to ask that other poor saps like me apparently don't.

He had stated before there were no 29-inch bikes carried by shops in his area, to say nothing of singlespeeds, so he was looking for as much feedback/information as possible from people who HAVE been fortunate enough to ride them.

Regarding the 1FG, it has a completely different frame from other "comparable" Cannondale models WITH gears. Therefore, he'd be trying compare the proverbial apples and oranges.

I had actually considered Cannondale myself, but reading the thread origniator's responses received to his questions has helped make me reconsider.

This forum is a great resource for everyone to learn, but that always has to be at least one foul-mouthed hothead who tries to ruin it for the rest of us.

Please do the rest of us a favor and either add more fiber to your diet or actually put a seat atop your seatpost for your next ride before your next next online diatribe. Maybe then, you won't be quite so grumpy.

We are all in this together to help each other learn from our cumulative knowledge and experiences.

Have fun and be safe wherever you ride!

Thanks to everyone for the questions and answers they post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Get a KM and be done with it!

Simple, isn't it?

Ken

mtbr member

nothing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by brannon63
    Are the wheels the big knock against Cannondale, or is their reputation more dubious than that?
    There is nothing wrong with Cannondales, they make fantastic unique bikes, both road and mountain. For some they seem too mainstream or something, this I don't understand. Some say they are overpriced. Bottom line is that Cannondale is an AMERICAN made usually very inovative bicycle, you could do a lot worse.

Me? I ride a Cannondale road bike, and a Bianchi steel singlespeed.

I do have to agree with others, no need to fret if there is not an 06 1FG, there are lots of good choices out there for singlespeed mountain bikes....look at the steel ones, Bianchi, Surly, etc.

mtbr member
    This forum is a great resource for everyone to learn, but that always has to be at least one foul-mouthed hothead who tries to ruin it for the rest of us.

Please do the rest of us a favor and either add more fiber to your diet or actually put a seat atop your seatpost for your next ride before your next next online diatribe. Maybe then, you won't be quite so grumpy.

Gee... I hope someday when I grow up I can be the most sane, stable, respected, and intelligent user on a forum so I can lecture into the ether at no one in particular...

Get a life, dude! And loosen up that grip. ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    [QUOTE=Solo, with others]Gee... I hope someday when I grow up I can be the most sane, stable, respected, and intelligent user on a forum so I can lecture into the ether at no one in particular...
    QUOTE]

I believe I made it quite clear I was "lecturing" Ken. I thought he was out of line ragging on georgia_lad the way he was.

There are NO stupid MTB questions, just people who like to put others down in order to feel better about themselves.

It was my understanding this forum was bike questions, not for arrogant people trying to make those who are here to learn more about the activity they most enjoy feel stupid for asking questions.

If I wanted a saracastic response to my consumer questions, I'd go ask a comic book store cashier.

mtbr member
    I bet Georgia_Lad can take care of himself... peace.

Probably drunk right now

Some perspective....

Hey, Ken.

Get off that poor guy's case. He has been asking several questions I had not thought to ask and the feedback he has generated has been invaluable in my search for my own next bike. At least somebody has the iniative to ask that other poor saps like me apparently don't.

He had stated before there were no 29-inch bikes carried by shops in his area, to say nothing of singlespeeds, so he was looking for as much feedback/information as possible from people who HAVE been fortunate enough to ride them.

Regarding the 1FG, it has a completely different frame from other "comparable" Cannondale models WITH gears. Therefore, he'd be trying compare the proverbial apples and oranges.

I had actually considered Cannondale myself, but reading the thread origniator's responses received to his questions has helped make me reconsider.

We are all in this together to help each other learn from our cumulative knowledge and experiences.

Have fun and be safe wherever you ride!

Thanks to everyone for the questions and answers they post.
    The OP asked the same questions several times in different ways on different threads. And he's incorrect. There are 29" bikes in Atlanta on which he can test ride. And all C-Dale frames are basically the same. They to not have 5 different frame jigs, tube lengths, etc. for what amounts to a niche market. They've simply taken their stock frame sets and added an EBB. They fit the same as any other C-Dale hard tail.

I'm not being grumpy. Far from it. I'm not saying anything here that I wouldn't say in person. The OP is making this much harder than it has to be. Go ride comprable bikes, shifted in to an approximately equal gear ratios and make a decision. Trying to make a decision on which bike is best from the internet is dumb. There are far to many variables involved to determine the "best" bike for an individual based what everyone else thinks is "best". The only way to determine which bike is "best" for someone is to go ride them and compare. Since there don't seem to be any singlespeeds in Atlanta, the next best thing is to hop on a C-Dale HT in the correct size and hop on a Supercaliber 29er in the correct size and test ride them both.

I'm a foul mouthed hothead yet you suggest that I have a seatpost up my ass? Nice bit of irony there, bub. Since we're dispensing advice on internet protocols, I suggest that you thicken up your skin and let the OP discuss this with me directly if he has a problem with anything I've posted.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Wait a few months and get a Kona 29er!

There will be quite a few more options in this area next year. If you hold off on your decision I'm sure you will be happy you waited. Just my 2 cents. Of the two you are choosing from get the Rig.

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudo intellectual

wouldn't make sense if the op is like 5'6" now, does it? it never fails, somebody asks about a certain bike and then gets recommendations for something completely different!

mtbr member
    TThey to not have 5 different frame jigs, tube lengths, etc. for what amounts to a niche market. They've simply taken their stock frame sets and added an EBB. They fit the same as any other C-Dale hard tail.
    I had a conversation with someone from Cannondale a while back... the 1FG has a higher BB to allow for longer cranks and is roughly related to the "Furio" frameset rather than the "Optimo". The Optimo label refers to the tubeset (they admit is is confusing). So... there are at least 3 HT frame designs in their MTB lineup. "Furio", "Optimo". and "1FG".

I 29er 1FG would be nice... I will still be riding steel tho.

Probably drunk right now

Right, sorry I wasn't clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Solo, with others
    I had a conversation with someone from Cannondale a while back... the 1FG has a higher BB to allow for longer cranks and is roughly related to the "Furio" frameset rather than the "Optimo". The Optimo label refers to the tubeset (they admit is is confusing). So... there are at least 3 HT frame designs in their MTB lineup. "Furio", "Optimo". and "1FG".

I 29er 1FG would be nice... I will still be riding steel tho.
    Due to the EBB, the downtube and the seat tube would utilize the same jig as the C-Dale tandems but the top tube would remain uneffected. The basic geometry is the same (except for the higher BB) and the basic correction for the difference in BB height would be corrected by raising and lowering the seat post. Granted this would affect the overall cockpit but that would simply be a matter of stem adjustment. Given though that the OP doesn't have singlespeed test models in Atlanta, the next best thing would be to ride a C-Dale hardtail to gauge bike fit (vs. asking people in the internet).

Ken