Niner Biocentric EBB?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Niner Biocentric EBB?

Has anybody used or had experience with the Niner Biocentric EBB? The stock BB on my Fisher Rig needs replacing and I was hoping to swap the EBB shell as well and the Niner EBB caught my eye. What's your setup? What are your impressions, experience and opinions regarding it? TIA

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ran one for a while on my Niner One9. Installation is simple. It holds the chain tension just fine.

Unfortunately it creaks like an old rocking chair with a fat person in it...

I've since replaced it with a Bushnell EBB. It's a bit more complicated, heavy, and greasy but it's minimized the creaking.

Good luck!

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal4Fun
    Has anybody used or had experience with the Niner Biocentric EBB? The stock BB on my Fisher Rig needs replacing and I was hoping to swap the EBB shell as well and the Niner EBB caught my eye. What's your setup? What are your impressions, experience and opinions regarding it? TIA
    Confused... how do you "swap the EBB shell as well" without replacing the frame?

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sorry, I suppose I meant EBB system (as it still serves as a "shell" for the BB) instead of "EBB shell" which is integrated as part of the frame.

mtbr member
    What year is your rig?

If it's '08 or later, the Niner EBB won't fit. The shell is 73mm wide and the Bio-Centric is made to fit a 68mm wide shell.

And if it's an older one, I'm not sure it'll fit either. I think Fisher uses a proprietary shell diameter.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Ok, yes mine was an 08 that was just warrantied with a '10 frame, so that clears up one of the things I was uncertain about (compatibility). Any other options, or should I just try and replace the BB (If that's even possible as well) and leave the EBB system stock?

Members who have read this thread: 0