nice looking med. surly on ebay (not mine)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    sufferer of a.d.d.
    Reputation: warmseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    219

    nice looking 18" surly on ebay (not mine)

    been a lot of guys asking about bikes lately. there is a surly 1x1 with some great components on ebay that is pretty cheap (as of now) here's the link.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Last edited by warmseth; 03-21-2004 at 08:27 AM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    been a lot of guys asking about bikes lately. there is a surly 1x1 with some great components on ebay that is pretty cheap (as of now) here's the link.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

    Thanks dude, just bid on it.

  3. #3
    The Top Cap Guy
    Reputation: Fast Freddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    951
    But why is the Karate Monkey picture in his auction (last pic)???


    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

  4. #4
    sufferer of a.d.d.
    Reputation: warmseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    219
    great question. i too noticed it but i have no idea why.

  5. #5
    sufferer of a.d.d.
    Reputation: warmseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    219
    i wouldn't bid on it too much until it gets closer to the close of the auction (like within the last minute). no sense in getting into a bidding war early on.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    great question. i too noticed it but i have no idea why.
    I just emailed the guy about it, don't think it's a big deal, because the pictures tell the tale of the bike.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    i wouldn't bid on it too much until it gets closer to the close of the auction (like within the last minute). no sense in getting into a bidding war early on.
    Well, about all I can do is proxy bid on it, because I'll be at work, not able to access the internet tomorrow.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedPA
    Well, about all I can do is proxy bid on it, because I'll be at work, not able to access the internet tomorrow.

    I've been outbid for the moment on the bike; the owner said it has a 34 front and a 21 back, seems pretty radical, I've never heard that combination before.

    What would you all advise, continue bidding on it or should I just look for a brand new machine?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PBnJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    95

    Hmmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedPA
    What would you all advise, continue bidding on it or should I just look for a brand new machine?

    Nothing special about that parts mix, and I wasn't impressed with the Tioga wheelset I owned for a while. I'd have to vote pass, unless you're on a tight budget. Surly frames aren't very expensive new (most shops can have one in your hands in a few days), and I think you'd be happier getting to build it yourself. I was.

    I give a strong thumbs-up for the 1x1 though... mine's starting its fourth year of service, and has been my only mountain bike for over a year.
    -Porkchop

Similar Threads

  1. Interesting Article RE: Ebay Fraud
    By Drewdane in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 09:49 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:51 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.