A nice hole- Mtbr.com

Thread: A nice hole

Out spokin'

A nice hole

Today shiggy, Justin and I spent a day in the zone fur shure. We started the day on Brice Creek Trail, then climbed on roads to the top of hot, steep Noonday Trail and descended that rockin', rippin', railin' downhill with everything we had. Then we rode back to Justin's truck on Brice Creek Trail, stopping for a swim on the way back. I didn't get any pictures of us while we were actually swimming, but not long after our ride started we stopped at a nice swimmin' hole that was so inviting we promised ourselves we'd hit it on the way back. And we did. Anyway, I took these shots in the morning as we were heading out (by the time we got back here around 1:30pm it was in the hot sun -- that snowmelt water felt soooooooo good!).

Above: shiggy checks out the hole

Above: Check out the diving board on the right

Above: By the time we got back here in the afternoon, the rocks Justin is standing on in this picture were in the hot sun. Perfect!

Even after all this fun we hadn't had enough, so we headed east and flew down Larison Rock Trail. Woooooo Hoooooo!!

Y'all come out west and join us sometime! Too much fun here for just the three of us!

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

If you have to ask...

You bastadges!

Taunting me like that! You danged well know that Larison Rock is about my flavorite trail in the whole world, too.

You are mean.

miles
    It's 7:09 California time

Mmmmmm Beer!
    Where's this trail. Cali???

mtbr member

Nice one there..

Sure coulda gone for a nice dip at the end of today's ride..

My weekend was full! Saturday - Alpine (33 mi), Sunday - Shelberg (17 mi), Monday Blodgett/Mary's Peak (~25 miles).

Not to mention the partying Sunday night. Speaking of parties can you make my party on Aug 15th?? I know it's a little late for a housewarming

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by CPATCRASH
    Where's this trail. Cali???
    Oregon. The Bohemia mining area. About 30 minutes east of I-5 at the town of Cottage Grove.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    ...Speaking of parties can you make my party on Aug 15th?? I know it's a little late for a housewarming
    That's a Sunday, eh? There's a good chance I can make it. I'll put it on my calendar. How many kegs will you have there?

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

Retro Grouch

You're killing me!!

Well, not really but I sure missed the CCP this year; but WTNY. Hey Sparty I noticed your Vulture was conspicuous by it's absence at the Puff. What gives? Is 50 too old for SS?
    I hope to be there next year for my 50th and this time I'm planning on bringing my buddy Spyke. Miss ya...

1G1G, Brad

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    Well, not really but I sure missed the CCP this year; but WTNY. Hey Sparty I noticed your Vulture was conspicuous by it's absence at the Puff. What gives? Is 50 too old for SS?
    I hope to be there next year for my 50th and this time I'm planning on bringing my buddy Spyke. Miss ya...

1G1G, Brad
    Yup, 50 is too old to SS the 'Puff... well, at least it is when a guy decides to jump into it just a week in advance of the event.

What happened is one of the local 'X-men' gave up her 'Puff entry in the 11th hour (in this case it was an 'X-woman' who withdrew) so seven days prior to the 'Puff I begged shiggy to let me have her X-spot. Suddenly, without training for America's toughest 100, I found myself an anxious Cream Puff participant.

Gears or not, I consider myself lucky to have another finisher's cap. (Besides, my Sugar only has seven speeds... that's closer to a singlespeed than it is to a 27 speed, eh. )

Whatever. See you next year, my friend.

--Sparty
    Last edited by Sparticus; 07-06-2004 at 09:31 AM. Reason: `-`
    disciplesofdirt.org

34N 118W

man I coulda used that yesterday...

I coulda splashed into that water real nice like after the 5 hr. bake-fest ride yesterday. I felt like I was in the canteen scene in The Three Amigos, watching Dusty finish off his water and toss the canteen. Instead of cool water, we finished our ride with the smell of smoke and fire engines, crews and helicopters all around. Some 51 yr. old homeless guy is being held on arson charges now, almost burned down the canyon we were riding in.

I stopped to take some pics of dirt jumper dudes along the way too.

glad to see ya hole'd 'er!!!

HW
    Last edited by Hollywood; 07-06-2004 at 10:59 AM.

Jan 2004
    Sublime. I am not sure I would have been able to leave such an idyllic spot. Thanks for sharing!