Newbie, UK based s/speeder- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Newbie, UK based s/speeder

Hi all,

Cant believe theres a forum this big for s/speeders!!!!! will have a proper look through it later, just going to work, heres my bike, steel framed, all brackets ground off, hope ss rear hub, xtr front, xtr b/bracket, middleburn crank (32-16) carbon seat post, billet head stock, trans x risers, mavic rims, tioga city slickers front and back, orange grips and seat.

Plans are to strip it down and clean/freshen everything up, new bigger tooth middleburn chain ring, probably a repaint and some new tyres, built it a good 7 years ago now and before I could drive it was my daily ride to work and back hence the city slickers, its awesome on the road, just needs a bigger ring.

Just looking at a bianchi ally framed s/speeder with marzochi bombers, disc's + loads more, looks awesome, been trying to find a pace RC200 but cant find one anywhere.

feel free to comment!
    Cheers,
    Matt.

In FTF We Trust
    Welcome, good to have you here. Be sure to keep us updated with your progress on the bike.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

Needed Less ~ Did More
    Hi Matt and welcome

The s/s looks really good...bonus points for mixing yellow and blue! The Middleburn cranks are a nice touch. Where did you get the Hope hub from? They were pretty rare things back in the day

Where are you getting the Bianchi from? I thought they were not importing them to the UK? Pace RC200 are like rocking horse poo....I always fancied a green one.

Later,

Alex
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hi Alex,

Yellow and blue will be going I think, I built this on a tight budget 7/8 years ago, I'm rebuilding it over the next month with a few nicer bits, and will probably go for white with alot of carbon.

I didnt know the hope hub was rare! I was looking through a mag and a place here in the uk had hope listed in his advert so I gave him a ring and asked for a single speed and he had one in stock, so I ordered the mavics from him as well and got him to build up the wheels with the hope rear and xt front.

The bianchi is second hand and is in a bike shop local to me, he did say that was a rare frame here in the uk and I fancied a bike with brakes this time! and your right about the pace, I've never seen one for sale!

Is there a gallery or anything on here with other members bikes? would love to see some more s/s, I built mine without any idea on how I wanted it or what bits to use, but it turned out to be the most fun bike I've ever owned!!

Cheers for the comments

Matt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt J
    Hi Alex,

The bianchi is second hand and is in a bike shop local to me, he did say that was a rare frame here in the uk and I fancied a bike with brakes this time! and your right about the pace, I've never seen one for sale!
    Is that the chrome one in Two Wheels?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yes olly, I've been looking at that many that I've got 2 bikes mixed up, the one in two wheels is a chrome frame not ally as I said

I'm not bothering with it now, decided on building one to my own spec, a friend says he has an ally frame thats never been built up that I can have cheap, so I think I'll start from scratch.

Members who have read this thread: 0