New Zealand Single Speed Champs 2008- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

New Zealand Single Speed Champs 2008

A proper SSNZC ... April 26th 2008 ... Rotorua New Zealand.

I've spoken to a fair few people who have said how they'd love to come down to NZ for the SSWC's, but NZ never seems to get them. This is your chance to come do some amazing riding, and include the NZ SS Champs.

http://www.riderotorua.com/singlespeednz.php

The organisers put on some great local events (Nduro series etc), and the tracks in Rotorua are truely world class.

Here's your chance to come down under for some sweet single track and fine local beers.

2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stillkeen
    A proper SSNZC ... April 26th 2008 ... Rotorua New Zealand.

I've spoken to a fair few people who have said how they'd love to come down to NZ for the SSWC's, but NZ never seems to get them. This is your chance to come do some amazing riding, and include the NZ SS Champs.

http://www.riderotorua.com/singlespeednz.php

The organisers put on some great local events (Nduro series etc), and the tracks in Rotorua are truely world class.

Here's your chance to come down under for some sweet single track and fine local beers.
    are you sure?

they should have been there in 2006 but considering the organisers at the time couldnt even arrange there own nationals, after people flew over from australia, it was never awarded especially as no kiwi's flew to penn state (SSWC05) to confirm they wanted it in 06, after napa next year they should be awarded to the aussies for 08 (fingers crossed.....)

it would be good to have them at rotorua, as the trails are excellent,

Work Shed...
    I'd love to go, but the airfare would cripple me. Also, I was in Australia 4 months ago and had no time in NZ, and it was almost impossible for me to leave as I have absolutely nothing going on where I live now. If I go back I will never leave.. got a room I can rent?
    It's not hip hop, it's electro.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I don't know the organisers or anything, but I have done some of their Nduro races. My understanding is that these guys are a completely different group, who (from my experience) organise quality events.

I would suggest if you have a few mates, fly over, plan to ride Rotorua, Taupo and then head to the South Island to hit the upper South Island and down the West Coast .. then ride some of the tracks on the way to Christchurch. Even if the SS Nationals don't happen (I would think they will), you'd have had a great trip.

I'd love to see SSWC in NZ, and If the Nationals go well, then I would think the chances of the SSWC coming to NZ would increase to where its actually an option.

The development of trails in Rotorua in the past 3 or 4 years has been amazing. The newer trails are fantastic ... not that the original ones arent still good.

Tard.
    I think getting tattooed as punishment for winning an SS race is a great idea....

Members who have read this thread: 0