New SS Ordered- Mtbr.com

Thread: New SS Ordered

mtbr member

New SS Ordered

I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Felt 9 Solo.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2010...NINE-Solo.aspx

A short while later a buddy told me he has had problems with Felt's frame quality and customer service. Any one else have issues with Felt? I've seen nothing but great reviews online.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've got a Solo and love it. I have done 42 mile race on it and have put about 900 miles on it in the last 4 months. Only changes I made was wider bars, thomson stem, and a set of nice wheels. I have buddies who have a rigs and cannondale f29 SS and I definitely like the Solo best. You made a good choice. Only thing that really suck on bike are handlebars and stem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hmm, I wonder too. I've been thinking about ordering a track bike for the frame from them.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    I rode one around the LBS and it seemed nice....no offroad or long-term experience. Couple LBS sell them. The new model paint is even better than the subdued pale green!
    Get off the couch and ride!

Just a lerker at heart
    May 2008
    Everything I've heard at the local shop is that they are great bikes.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    oops double post.
    Get off the couch and ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have had a problem with the EBB. It is virtually impossible for me to adjust it myself and I have to bring it into the shop when I switch out rear cogs. Even the mechanics at the shop have a hard time getting the EBB unstuck and moving. My Reba fork also failed in the first month of riding but was serviced under warranty for no charge. I have not had any frame issues and have not had to deal with Felt's customer service.

That being said it rides great, especially on the climbs. It feels as if there is a huge sweet spot when you are out of the saddle and the rear tire rarely slips. The build is not high end, but good quality for the price point of the bike.

Ti Fighter
    I have an 09 and love it. The EBB has worked flawless for me and does not slip. You won't be disappointed

09'Felt Nine Solo
    12' Motobecane FLY Team 29 Titanium

Leg Shaver
    picture on their web of the 2010 shows gold spokes but they list it with balck
    Why are there so many threads about cheap ass bikes?

mtbr member
    Man.. thats one of the sweetest stock SS bikes I have ever seen.

You are a lucky guy

mtbr member
    I'm definitely excited. I've been told it's important to put anti-sieze on the ebb bolts right away. I've even got a few choice bits picked out like carbon bars, seatpost, and stem. I'm also planning to convert to tubeless, but will ride the stock Vulpines for a while to see if I want to switch to something else first.

Members who have read this thread: 0