New to SS and the boards, any SS'ers in Houston?- Mtbr.com
    ADC
    SSingle

New to SS and the boards, any SS'ers in Houston?

Hiya all. I've only been riding my singlespeed for a few months now, and I'm really enjoying it. It makes the same old trails fun and challenging to ride again. I got my On-One Inbred EBB off ebay, and it's really a blast to ride. I haven't even though of riding any of my other bikes (Rocky Mountain Blizzard, Klein Attitude, Specialized FSR). I've decided to put road slicks on my RM and use it for the upcoming MS150 ride to Austin. I don't think I can make that ride on my singlespeed, otherwise I would try.

I was wondering if anyone else rode singlespeeds here in Houston. If so, what ratio are you using? We don't have the most technical trails here, but I want to be able to make most of the climbs. I am currently running 34:20, and it seems to work well. There are one or two very steep and/or rooty climbs I can't make, but otherwise no problems. I've seen a few singlespeeds around (Sofa King, Surly, Spot, KHS), so if you see an Asian guy riding an Inbred, give me a holla. My nickname is DD.

If anyone can tell me how to attach photos, I can post a pic of the Inbred. Otherwise, it's in my gallery.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=255795

Andrew DD
    Some pick-up lines that may not work...

That shirt looks very becoming on you, but if I were on you, I'd be coming too.

Do you work for UPS? I could have sworn I saw you checking out my package.

You know what would look good on you? Me.

My love for you is like diarrhea...I just can't hold it in.

Lay down, I think I love you.

Say, you wouldn't know how to play the skin flute would ya?

used to be uno-speedo....
    When I lived in Houston I rode with Poff. PM him I'm sure he'd like to ride with a fellow SS'er.

Check out the Huntsville thread in the Texas section for his ratio.

I rode a 34:20 like you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADC
    Hiya all. I've only been riding my singlespeed for a few months now, and I'm really enjoying it. It makes the same old trails fun and challenging to ride again. I got my On-One Inbred EBB off ebay, and it's really a blast to ride. I haven't even though of riding any of my other bikes (Rocky Mountain Blizzard, Klein Attitude, Specialized FSR). I've decided to put road slicks on my RM and use it for the upcoming MS150 ride to Austin. I don't think I can make that ride on my singlespeed, otherwise I would try.

I was wondering if anyone else rode singlespeeds here in Houston. If so, what ratio are you using? We don't have the most technical trails here, but I want to be able to make most of the climbs. I am currently running 34:20, and it seems to work well. There are one or two very steep and/or rooty climbs I can't make, but otherwise no problems. I've seen a few singlespeeds around (Sofa King, Surly, Spot, KHS), so if you see an Asian guy riding an Inbred, give me a holla. My nickname is DD.

If anyone can tell me how to attach photos, I can post a pic of the Inbred. Otherwise, it's in my gallery.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=255795

Andrew DD
    If you want to ride together you can leave a message for me on this forum. I ride MP and Huntsville. Cheers. Poff

ADC
    SSingle
    Thanks, I try to ride MP at least once a week. I'll PM you the next time I head out there. I haven't ridden ss for too long, so I might slow you down a bit..heh.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Here you go, man.

ADC
    SSingle
    Thanks. I am still trying to figure out how to resize my pics to post them as attachments or even an avatar. Photo newbie I guess.

Members who have read this thread: 0