New to Single Speeding- Mtbr.com

New to Single Speeding

New to single speeding this week and now I understand what everyone has been talking about. It really is a great ride.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nice Curtlo... looks great!

Took it out Saturday. I knew I would like it, but I didn't realize it would be this much. I took it out at Big Creek (GA) and got a little under 14 miles on the day. Now I know what everyone is raving about with SS's. It didn't miss a shift once! (I know...bad joke) The Curtlo frame rides like a Cadillac compared to the Homegrown, but it is still extremely quick. The 34x18 ratio seems to be about perfect for BC and I imagine it will be for most other places I will ride it as well. It looks like this bike is going to get the most attention for awhile. What I did notice was how much more you use your upper body. It also seemed like I was turning faster laps, but that is probably because I couldn't "cheat" anymore. It really made BC seem like a new trail, and I am extremely happy that I went ahead and built it up.

This was also my first ride on tubeless....My other DT Swiss wheelset will be converted shortly. They roll a lot better and you get more grip. Not to mention you get to say goodbye to tubes.

Members who have read this thread: 0