igoslo

New to Phoenix...

Where are the good SS shops, and where is a good place to ride in the early AM? I just moved here from Missouri(but not really from there) and I live near 7th St and Indian School.

EDR
    South Mountain, Hawes, Mcdowell Mountains ( 3 one way-only loops of various lengths) plus many more "easy rider" miles further up in the park. You can google them for lots of info. There are many more around town that I haven't been to yet. Others will add to this list i'm sure.

S.M. (worlds largest city park I think) has a quite tech climb/descent, Mormon/National loop. Desert Classic is a much faster/longer ride along the base of the mountain.
    -Hawes area (east valley) has many connecting trails between the main ones. The views from up high are beautiful and you can ride all the way down to the river. Riding from lower levels up near Hawes Rd. provides quite a workout, Mine Trail is cool, etc etc.
    -M.M has 3 loops built- for MTBing. Races are still held there I believe.

-oh and Papago Park in Phoenix near the zoo is a great place to just ride for fun to see the sites if you are new here. Ride all thru the zoo area (it's real nice) and up to Hole In The Rock. If you have kids who like to ride or a spouse it's a fun place to check out, heck you could even lock your bikes up and check out the zoo. It's not the San Diego Zoo but it really is a great place, better than most i've been to.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    Where are the good SS shops, and where is a good place to ride in the early AM? I just moved here from Missouri(but not really from there) and I live near 7th St and Indian School.
    Rage Cycles, Slippery Pig, Cactus Bike are three of the best for SS and other deviant styles... Google those names to find their web sites.

Lots of great SS riding - everywhere. All within 30 minutes of you.
    South Mountain from the Pima Canyon trailhead. Roughly 48th St. and Guadalupe.
    Phoenix Mtn. Preserve (aka, Trail 100 area) from Dreamy Draw (go east on Northern from the 51) or 40 St. where it dead-ends south of Shea Blvd.
    Hawes in NE Mesa
    McDowell Sonoran Preserve
    McDowell Mtn. Park north of Fountain Hills

Look for posts on rides. Lots of early AM rides, particularly this time of year.

Walt
    Ride more; post less...