New Niner Fork OR Wheelset- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012

New Niner Fork OR Wheelset

Hey guys, just looking to throw this out there to get some help on deciding what to get for christmas this year. My fiancÚ wants to support my MTB'ing habit for some reason and get something off of my short list, but I am undecided on I I should get the Niner carbon fork I have been drooling over, or a stans flow/arch laced to hope hubs......

I am riding a monocog flight with matching steel fork right now..... I am leaning towards the wheelset (FYI price is about the same for me as I can prodeal the parts for the wheelset, not the fork) as I will be able to carry the wheelset over to a future frame, whereas I already know my next frame (whenever I get it) will have a tapered headtube meaning my fork will go with the bike....

What would you guys do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Wheels

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    those wheels would definitely be sweet, but having just took the plunge on a niner fork... I'd go that way. it just feels that damn good!

mtbr member
    You'll feel way more improvement in the wheels than the fork. But just in case you go with the fork, you can still use it on a tapered head tube frame.

mtbr member
    Another vote for the wheels outright, but especially with the killer price

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Wheels - get me a set while you're at it too
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    You'll feel way more improvement in the wheels than the fork. But just in case you go with the fork, you can still use it on a tapered head tube frame.
    Thanks for the input guys, and I knew I could use the fork, but you will not get the advantages of the tapered design.

I would love the fork, but I know i am not too far away from a highball al, so I will probably just get the wheels, seatpost, stem, and bars and then get the frame and fork together when the time comes... Thanks everyone.

Members who have read this thread: 0