New IRO- Mtbr.com

Thread: New IRO

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

New IRO

Hello, i am a new member here and first post.
    I just received a 16" iro model 19 i just thought i should share.
    I am not shure how to post pictures but i'll try it
    New IRO-cimg3439.jpg
    It's one of their build kits With some bb7s and 90s easton handlebars

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Good looking bike. I like the all black build. I am a fan of IRO bikes, very underrated in my opinion. Now go get that thing dirty.

mtbr member
    i'm an IRO fan too. i got a frame (jamie roy) and built a SS-fixed roadbike. after 3 years, no regrets.

your's looks mean.

Off the back...
    That's a pretty good lookin' bike! Go get it dirty and let us know how you like it. As an aside, I had a Rob Roy but happily sold it after 4 months - somehow it was both flexy and harsh - an absolutely horrible ride. Maybe I got a bad one...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the compliments, i just got back from a cold and wet ride and it is one of the best bikes i've ridden. I don't have any pics of it dirty because i rode without touching the ground.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fullstack1628
    Thanks for the compliments, i just got back from a cold and wet ride and it is one of the best bikes i've ridden. I don't have any pics of it dirty because i rode without touching the ground.
    Nice...Here is mine...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    i'm an IRO fan too. i got a frame (jamie roy) and built a SS-fixed roadbike. after 3 years, no regrets.

your's looks mean.
    Same here. Rode it with dirt type drops and skinny cross tires, now back to street fixie. Bulletproof so far. Great bang for the buck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    i just bought this frame and fork for the 149 clearance price. i cant find any reviews though . anyone have anything to say about it?? good or bad?? im pretty excited to get it

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    ok i need some help. im got my frameset in and am swapping parts over from my conv. my prob is my old frame had a 68mm bb shell and the iro site says the model 19 does too, but when i try to tighten up my bb it stops going in and leaves a rather large gap between the ebb and the collar of the bb itself like it needs a good bit of spacers added. im stumped is it ok just to add spacers evenly on both sides untill its snug? i have the provided spacer on the drive side already. any help would be appreciated. thanks will

T Smee
    Oct 2007
    Im using a spacer on both sides of my Truvativ outboard bearing cups

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just ordered one, what's the weight??

T Smee
    Oct 2007
    My small frame weighed 5.4 pounds with the ebb in place. I didnt weigh the fork, but was told that it weighs nearly 3 lbs

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Good looking bikes. The geometry looks "wet cattish."

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsmith
    My small frame weighed 5.4 pounds with the ebb in place. I didnt weigh the fork, but was told that it weighs nearly 3 lbs
    i dont have a scale accurate enough to measure them but i believe the 3 pound fork weight that this is a boat anchor haha

T Smee
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by will3554
    i dont have a scale accurate enough to measure them but i believe the 3 pound fork weight that this is a boat anchor haha
    Yea, i would agree with that! I built mine up with an Origin 8 carbon fork, but only because it was already cut to size and had a crown race pressed on... I'll get around to cutting the stock steel fork someday. Im really curious to ride it back to back with the carbon fork and compare the ride quality, the carbon fork really beats me up on my local trails that are very rocky and rooty, Oak Mountain in Birmingham, AL

Members who have read this thread: 0