New IF SS build!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New IF SS build!

After thrashing my Surly 1x1 for 5 years (and with zero complaints, I might add), I've finally bitten the bullet and gotten a new steed. Matty B. and the guys at IF built me this sweet steel Deluxe with PW EBB, and I took it out on the trail for the first time today. Suh-Weet. Here, take a look:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Porkchop

mtbr member

Crap...

I guess I'm gonna have to rethink the quote in my signature now, though.
    -Porkchop

mtbr member
    Looks really nice. I like the flames.

Jim

mtbr member

hot damn!

Quote Originally Posted by PBnJ
    After thrashing my Surly 1x1 for 5 years (and with zero complaints, I might add), I've finally bitten the bullet and gotten a new steed. Matty B. and the guys at IF built me this sweet steel Deluxe with PW EBB, and I took it out on the trail for the first time today. Suh-Weet. Here, take a look:
    wow! that makes two sweet IF's posted in the past couple of days. mine is on order now, and will hopefully be done sooner than later. what colors did you use? It looks to be white into platinum, but it's hard to tell. that might be the first flame paint job that I've been really stoked on. congatulations and nice job on the build!

You Are What You Is
    I agree with Dan - very cool understated flames.

Sofa King We Todd Did
    That is stunning. Granted, flames aren't really my thing, but that's still a stunning frame. Do I notice the build with two different forks? One black rigid fork and one blue susser?

mtbr member

Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by SpinWheelz
    Do I notice the build with two different forks? One black rigid fork and one blue susser?
    Yep, I left my rebuilt SID at home when I went into the shop on my day off to build the bike, so I just installed the Surly rigid fork until I could take the squishy back to cut the steerer tube correctly. The SID is nice and all, but I really came to like the steel rigid fork while the SID was being rebuilt... may be calling up IF to have a fork done now.

Quote Originally Posted by dan p
    mine is on order now, and will hopefully be done sooner than later. what colors did you use? It looks to be white into platinum, but it's hard to tell. that might be the first flame paint job that I've been really stoked on.
    Congrats... you're into the hard part now. Mine took about 7 weeks, which I guess is pretty good. I got married, took a honeymoon, and still had to wait when I got back. I was worried that somehow something wouldn't be right when I opened the box, but the only snag I had was not expecting to have to find a 29.4 seatpost. The paint is silver to platinum, and thanks for the compliment... the closer I look, the more impressed I am with the flames, the paint, the welds, pretty much everything. My hat's off to the guys at IF... they certainly do put a lot of heart into their work. And the bike rode absolutely beautifully.
    -Porkchop

Wandering not Lost
    Love the flames...being a firefighter and old school boy...your bike is ....well let's say incredible...

I have an 89' fat city that I still have and ride...everytime I see an IF i covet......perhaps that should be my next baby?....hmmm

last to be said great job on the bike....I would like to ask...why a PW EBB over a BUSHNELL?

peace
    Thor

dusty paw tracks

guess i need a new avatar...

d'oh!

i mean...

"mm, berries! ..... tastes like <i>burning</i>"

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

why don't you....

post some pics up over at www.IFRIDER.COM ??

"Mr. Britannica"

AGHHH!!! ...a derailleur hanger!

mtbr member

Thoreau

PBnJ:

"That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." --Henry David Thoreau--

I think Thoreau would like your desire for simplicity enough to see through the cost...unless of course you didn't pay cash! I love reading(and I hate to read) Thoreau and Emerson, gives you a better perspective on life.

Nice ride!

MC

I guess I'm gonna have to rethink the quote in my signature now, though.

mtbr member

Great Frame...

My only complaint would be the routing of the disc cable guides in the rear....under the tube. Kind of makes the routing from under the tube to the top at the rear conncetion, lets just say, not that smooth. I prefer` routing the guides on the top, but since the frame is also V compatabile I guess that was their only choice.

KMan

Love the flames!

mtbr member

I know, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by roadiegonebad
    AGHHH!!! ...a derailleur hanger!

Someone had to notice that, right? I've been singlespeeding for quite a while, and have no plans to run gears off road anytime soon, but I expect this frame to last me well into the future, and I don't want to have to buy another frame if I grow too weak or old or lame to singlespeed. I know the frame would look cleaner without the hanger and extra cable guides (brakes and shifters), but I wanted the most versatile frame possible, and I think they did a good job keeping it clean-looking.

BThor, as for the Phil Wood vs. the Bushnell, they offered the PW, and I didn't know there was an alternative. How do the two compare? And by the way, I secretly covet the old Fat City stuff too. Got any pictures?

Corky3, I've been checking out the IFRider page, looking for other paintjobs with flames, and haven't found much. I'll have to send them some pics... thanks for the nudge.

MellowCat, I think you're probably right. Simplicity is underrated... that's something surely everyone on this board can relate to.

Brian
    Last edited by PBnJ; 06-08-2005 at 08:01 PM.
    -Porkchop

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    That is one GORGEOUS bike!!!!!

Congrats!