New frame colour- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New frame colour

Well next winter i am tearing down my Kona to give it a fresh powder coat, only problem is i have no idea of what colour to go with.I will be keeping my white ZTR wheels so i am after suggestions of frame colours, pictures are good, so what can you tell or show me.Pic of it at the moment below.

Cheers

Kiwi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New frame colour-kona-copy.jpg  

2010 Yeti ASR 7

nothing to see here
    you've got red hubs, so why not go for a nice dark olive green? Red goes well with green.

I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Never thought of that, whats the pic you posted, i cant se it
    2010 Yeti ASR 7

nothing to see here
    funny that, the pic was there for me before too, but gone now.

it's from here > http://www.gripsport.com.au/main.php...llery&galID=17

the green dually (not mine)
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    nice colour, thats an option
    2010 Yeti ASR 7

nothing to see here
    the white rims would go well too, and the green frames look good in the bush
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    I was gonna go with black but its been done to death so something new and different is needed, i do like the Salsa green and the Niner orange .
    2010 Yeti ASR 7

Low Rep Count
    You can get some color inspriration from checking out some of the bmx forums for different color combos. I have seen a really hot looking tan color with purple parts. Never thought it would work but man it looked hot.

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of one of the largest bicycle painters in the frickn country. I am thinking they were in CO but don't quote me. In any case, you can doo a google search for bicycle painters and check out different galleries to get some ideas as well. I did a search and what I was looking for did not come up though there were a few others that had gallaries on their sites.

Low Rep Count
    This is a more recent picture of the kids bike. It has more black on it now. But I like the tan/green???? color of the frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New frame colour-2igy4vo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I plan on repainting my bike one of these colors http://mtb.unrealcycles.com/catalog/item560.htm . You could do classic white with white wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My Indy Fab is getting a new powder coat as soon as the powder shows up. I decided on their yellow and green decals with this powder....

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/FLA..._METALLIC.html

Something to consider is your decals. Witha powder coat, decals are "top mount" meaning on top of the clear coat. I was initiall goin to go with off white, but figured that the dirt line that inevitably forms around the outside of these type of decals would look like crap, thus the darker color. Good luck!
    "You know you're stupid when your own brain doesn't even try to protect the head that it's in." -P nut

mtbr member

Ever Consider Ceramic

Coating a frame with ceramic has several advantages over other finishes. It's very durable, comes in many colors with sheen of matte, satin, and semi-gloss, it won't fade, chip, peel, or flake. Ceramic is non stick and it only weighs a fraction of what either paint or powder-coat.

And yes this is a shameless promotion of my product and services, but you need to know all your options.

Low Rep Count
    ^^ totally forgot about that option! I have a set of XTR M960 cranks that were modded/coated by Crazy8 and they damn near color match my frame! Definitely a strong option in my book!

openwound
    Metallic dark grey (anthracite). Like the Orange that was just posted.
    -- let's ride

mtbr member
    Cheers for all the replies, theres some good ideas there.Looks like i have some decisions to make.
    On a side note i recently changed the bike back to 1x9 for awhile and hated every minute of it, so back it went to SS, woke up this morning first day of xmas holidays and not a cloud in the sky and nice and warm so Im off for an epic.I have no plans on where Im gonna go, just going and see where i end up, loving the SS, enjoy your Holidays and a very merry Xmas to all

Cheers

Kiwi
    2010 Yeti ASR 7

Members who have read this thread: 0