New Build- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Build

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

New Build

Working on getting this going. The bike sat in my garage for some time. Today I got the bug and started tearing into it. This the first SS I will be building so some tips would be nice. Tomorrow I will be going to the bike shop to buy the parts I need. I already have the conversion kit I want picked out but I am unsure of the size of the sprocket I should use up front. I also read about chain tensoners in some posts. anyone care to explain what it is, why i should get one, and how to use? Hopefully I will have it done tomorrow night and I will post again. Got a ride planned on Saturday (15 miles) would love to take this thing out instead of my AM bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Build-ssproject.jpg  

New Build-ssproject2.jpg  

Fate favors the prepared.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    i think i found the answer to my first question..... 32

AZ
    banned
    Upper right hand corner of the S.S. page , FAQ's , read , find the rest of your answers .

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    server is busy, not letting me get in. Anyhow looks like I ran into my first problem. I cannot remove the sprockets off the back wheel. They appear to be part of it, maybe I'm doing it wrong or its just a cheap piece of junk. This is a budget build so I may have to wait unless some one has a rear wheel with or with out the single speed conversion on it for sale.

mtbr member
    theres a tool to remove the rear gears
    SS Rigid =
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    There is no distraction. You only hear the sound of your breath and the crunch of the wheels across the dirt.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Cool gonna head over to the LBS and buy one or use thiers after work today, thank you.

Members who have read this thread: 0