New Build- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Build

MTBR member
    Jan 2007

New Build

I'm looking for some inexpensive SS wheels/ cranks. Does anyone have any recommendations? Where should I buy. I am building up a Monocog. Do I really need a SS specific BB and Crank? Any help is appreciated.
    I am also debating what gear ratio to run9I live in Utah, and there are no flats, just mountains.
    Thanks!

Bite Me.
    What year Monocog? If it's not a 2006 (or maybe 2005) or later, you'll be a bit limited on your rear wheel selection due to the 110mm rear hub spacing. As for gearing, I live in Colo. and run either a 32 18 or a 32 20 for the big climbs here.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I just bought it-2007. $159.00!

Bite Me.
    Good deal on that frame - I have a set of SS specific wheels as well as a SS converted LX crankset and BB that I need to unload. The wheels are Summit SS hubs, sealed cartridge bearings, Rhynolite rims laced with straight gauge spokes and brass nips - a bombproof set that would work well on the Redline if you're running V-brakes. PM me if you're interested in the set plus the cranks - I'd let the whole package go pretty cheap.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Members who have read this thread: 0