The New 2011 Bianchi SS...Only 19 lbs!!!- Mtbr.com
    Single Speeder

The New 2011 Bianchi SS...Only 19 lbs!!!

Okay, well at least the components are all 2011, bahahahaha .The fork and frame are a 2007, but it did really did weigh in at 19 lbs 12 oz.

I bought it new as a leftover in '08 or '09 and completely wore it out before recently rebuilding it.

I had been running a 32/16 ratio for the last three years, riding mostly at the Tyler State Park in Texas (mostly up and down, roots, rocks...lots o' fun). When I bought the new wheelset, Dave from Speed Dream sent an 18 tooth cog, so I tried it out and...

I like it .

A little less of a kick in the balls, but it still makes you put out billygoating up the climbs .

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    19# 12 oz may as well be 20#, not 19.

Your bike sucks.

(That's code for I like the bike.)
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

Single Speeder
    19# 12 oz may as well be 20#, not 19.
    Yeah, I was blatantly lying . I wasn't shooting for any particular weight...I just weighed it for *****s & giggles .

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Bike Sucks
    but it did really did weigh in at 19 lbs 12 oz.
    Does it still weigh that little?
    Seems light considering the Reba, and BB7s. A friend has a Air 9C with rigid Niner fork, Stan's ZTR Crest wheels, Hive Fifteen G cranks and hydros that weighs just under 19#s.

Single Speeder
    When I weighed it, it still had the 2007 BB7's on it, which I later swapped out for the 2011 BB7's in the picture. I imagine they are pretty close in weight (the older ones that were originally on the bike were silver).

The rims are Flows, which are a bit lighter than the Crests. I went with my wheel builder's recommendation as to which ones to get based on my weight and type of riding. The tires are also silly light. (***On Edit - The rims are Crests, not Flows...had it backwards).

I'm a solid 210 lbs, so it wasn't a big priority for me to really lighten up the bike....it just happened as I replaced components. I was more concerned with durability than anything. A few lbs haven't made that much difference anyway .

I did however notice a HUGE difference upgrading the hubs (especially the rear with the quicker engagement), stiffer cranks and wider handlebars.

Overall I'd have to say the 2011 Bianchi's are much nicer than the 2007's .
    Last edited by Your Bike Sucks; 05-24-2011 at 10:44 AM.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Bike Sucks

The rims are Flows, which are a bit lighter than the Crests. I went with my wheel builder's recommendation as to which ones to get based on my weight and type of riding. The tires are also silly light.
    Crest rims are 130 grams lighter each than Flows.
    WTB list the Bronson Race 2.1 at 600 grams. Not portly, but far from "silly light".

Really nice build, but think your scale is off.

Low Rep Count
    ^^^Thanks for the clarification. I was starting to think that everything I had read in the past was wrong!

None the less, I love the Bianchi's. Looks great! Coming in at 19-20 without really trying is always a plus. Espcially since I have been busting my butt to keep my bike in the 20.something range.

Low Rep Count
    Woa! Wait a minute. I just noticed that these photos were taken in a club! The all black walls with mirrors. Love the brass pole! Or is this your basement?

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    that's about a 3lb frame (3.25 lbs for a large with seatpost clamp, xtr m960 bottom bracket, and head set). I had mine in the 19's as well, also with bb7's and not the lightest parts. It was lighter than my current bike, an Ibis Tranny. my wheels were 1540g and i was running non tubeless 2.1 small block 8's tubeless. I also had a sub 3lb fork, an r7. same crank, same seat and post, 120g stem, and average weight aluminum bars. you have lighter pedals, i had spd 520's

Single Speeder
    Crest rims are 130 grams lighter each than Flows.
    WTB list the Bronson Race 2.1 at 600 grams. Not portly, but far from "silly light".
    Oops, I meant I have Crests, not Flows .

And my scale is a certified bathroom scale . I'm sure it's accurate to within 5 or 10 lbs .

Teen Wolf
    mine (Lewis) sits at just over 20lbs... i should ride it one of these days... poor 26" wheels. no love. love the old school bianchi singlespeeds, nice ride

Single Speeder
    Woa! Wait a minute. I just noticed that these photos were taken in a club! The all black walls with mirrors. Love the brass pole! Or is this your basement?
    Basement...hell, that's my living room, hahaha. It is a nightclub, though, yes.

mtbr member
    Nice build -- very clean. Tyler State Park is an AWESOME course!!

SSOD
    That's a sweet ride! Love the WUSS.... I'm right at 21lbs with stylo 1.1 cranks, like 850g, and Schwalbe RR EVO's tubeless around 750g so there's room to spare I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The New 2011 Bianchi SS...Only 19 lbs!!!-img_20110418_204121-1-.jpg  

The Duuude, man...
    That's impressive weight for the build...

My size L ti frame, carbon fork, edge rims, i9 hubs, formula brakes, carbon bar, carbon post, ti saddle, xtr ss cranks, etc... edit: "guessing" about the same weight, with pedals and bottle cages on.

I know the BB7's are 1/2 pound heavier than my brakes, the fork ~3lbs heavier than my fork, wheels got to be similar (my tires and grips are heavier), my edge's are AM's, so they may be heavier, but near the same.

Sometimes it comes down to what scale is used.
    Last edited by ncj01; 06-08-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    FS: Everything

The Duuude, man...
    So I finally bought a hanging digital scale. My bike is 22.06 lbs w/out water bottles or seat bag.

For sure we have one of the following scenario's:
    1) my scale is not reading accurate, it's reading way heavy
    2) other folks have their scales busted, they're reading way light
    3) other folks are making up their numbers to feel good about themselves
    4) other folks are weighing thier bikes w/out things like pedals, chains, tires, wheels, etc.
    5) I'm smoking so much crack, I have unrealistic understanding of what stuff should weigh

I know my grips and my tires are both fairly heavy. I don't think they're that much heavier tho.

FS: Everything

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Quote Originally Posted by ncj01 View Post
    So I finally bought a hanging digital scale. My bike is 22.06 lbs w/out water bottles or seat bag.

4) other folks are weighing thier bikes w/out things like pedals, chains, tires, wheels, etc.
    5) I'm smoking so much crack, I have unrealistic understanding of what stuff should weigh

I know my grips and my tires are both fairly heavy. I don't think they're that much heavier tho.

That's a little heavier than I would have guessed. Things like stem, seatpost, saddle, and bars can add up though. Any idea how much do your wheels weigh?

SSOD
    That's impressive weight for the build...

My size L ti frame, carbon fork, edge rims, i9 hubs, formula brakes, carbon bar, carbon post, ti saddle, xtr ss cranks, etc... edit: "guessing" about the same weight, with pedals and bottle cages on.

I know the BB7's are 1/2 pound heavier than my brakes, the fork ~3lbs heavier than my fork, wheels got to be similar (my tires and grips are heavier), my edge's are AM's, so they may be heavier, but near the same.

Sometimes it comes down to what scale is used.
    I agree, 22 sounds heavy for that build but those White Bros forks are almost 2lbs and my SID is around 3.2lbs, I'm running a sub 1500g wheelset with about 700g tires. I found this, http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...r-am-rims.html, at 1700g with DT 240's, superlight hubs, so your wheelset could be close to 1800+g side.

Don't get me wrong here, you have an awesome build I would love to have, but you are comparing a large ti 29er to medium Alum 26er and I got to think that's about a 1lb difference as well.

miwuksurfer
    Is this the single speed forum or the weight weenies forum?

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2 View Post
    Does it still weigh that little?
    Seems light considering the Reba, and BB7s. A friend has a Air 9C with rigid Niner fork, Stan's ZTR Crest wheels, Hive Fifteen G cranks and hydros that weighs just under 19#s.
    My PUSS frame is a decent amount lighter than my Ibis Tranny, so i'd bet that it's lighter than an Air 9c as well since my friend's Air 9c is heavier than my Tranny with a similar build to mine. This is all on the same scale.

Those bianchi frames with the Easton UL tubing are retarded light.

Jul 2006

your scale is off. That thing should be about 20.5-21lbs IMO.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miwuksurfer
    In dropping gears, you also drop a crapton of weight. And, well, saying my bike is lighter than yours is the same as saying that my dick is bigger than yours. But that also totally contradicts the fact that only someone with as big a dick as mine could pedal such a beastly bike as mine up the mountains that I do.

So I guess the whole dick size vs. bike weight thing is total bullcrap. Whatever. Make up some correlation that works for you.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

Single Speeder
    Quote Originally Posted by miwuksurfer View Post
    I really wasn't trying to make it super light. But, regardless of the actual weight...it does roll much better now with the new spinning parts

It does also feel significantly lighter on the climbs...but I'm 210 lbs just by myself, so that kind of defeats any bragging rights to being a weight weenie anyway .

If I'm around an accurate scale anytime soon, I'll post a picture with the actual weight for comparison to my bathroom scale
    "There's little traffic on the extra mile".

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm curious, my PUSS I recently posted came out to 18.9lbs. Does anyone know if the stock steel fork is really heavy?

Members who have read this thread: 0