My weekend project- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,442

    My weekend project

    A friend of mine sold out on day trip to Pisgah, so I rode a local trail and then built this Turned out to be a GREAT Saturday!

    Thanks to Ethan at Blacksheep Cycles in Charlotte, NC for helping me out with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Tiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    422
    I stopped in and visited Black Sheep for the first time Saturday night. A group of us were doing a late evening urban ride and lo and behold Ethan was open around 8pm. I must say that I'm very impressed with Ethan's inventory. I've never been in a bike shop so laid back and friendly, i.e. complimentary coffee, apple cider, tea, etc. It's a great business model. I checked out his Desalvo ti cross bike, among some of his other very zoot bikes, and fell in love. I'm going to puchase a set of mungo bars from him for my cross/commuter project soon and support the cause. BTW, nice bike!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toothpuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    212

    Ethan is the man

    His friends from NY miss him! Can't wait to do a road trip down south and visit. Good luck Ethan.
    The Vision Crew from LI.

  4. #4
    life is a barrel o'fun
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,502
    I was about to ask, where's the sticker? And then I saw the second photo

    Have hear such amazing things about that shop, lucky you to be near it!
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

  5. #5
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tiles
    I stopped in and visited Black Sheep for the first time Saturday night. A group of us were doing a late evening urban ride and lo and behold Ethan was open around 8pm. I must say that I'm very impressed with Ethan's inventory. I've never been in a bike shop so laid back and friendly, i.e. complimentary coffee, apple cider, tea, etc. It's a great business model. I checked out his Desalvo ti cross bike, among some of his other very zoot bikes, and fell in love. I'm going to puchase a set of mungo bars from him for my cross/commuter project soon and support the cause. BTW, nice bike!
    I think you were the group that came in while I was working on my bike...we had the "bike weigh off" I would love to meet up with you guys the next time you ride that trail in Stanley. One of you mentioned it to me but I wasn't able to make it out the following day.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Tiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    422
    what a coincidence. There's all kinds of stuff out this way. We got the urban ride this Friday night. You are more than welcome to join us!

  7. #7
    blame me for missed rides
    Reputation: weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    789
    that frame looks much like a late 90's fisher or trek.

  8. #8
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    I think you were the group that came in while I was working on my bike...we had the "bike weigh off" I would love to meet up with you guys the next time you ride that trail in Stanley. One of you mentioned it to me but I wasn't able to make it out the following day.
    Man! The Stanley Ghetto Loop getting press on the mtbr SS forum of all places

  9. #9
    Slave to the grind
    Reputation: cherrybomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    517

    awesome bike!

    questions:

    whats your rear cog?

    is there a website for the bike shop?

    where can i get a couple of those cool stickers?!
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Tiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    422

  11. #11
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by weather
    that frame looks much like a late 90's fisher or trek.
    Yep -a 99 Gary Fisher Aquila - vanadium steel . Never got much use (my brother and and I bought it as a gift for my dad) so I evntually took it and had a friend powdercoat the frame....

    I figured a nice frame like this would be a perfect convert. The rear cog is a surly btw - Ethan has a ton of really nice cogs at Black Sheep.

  12. #12
    blame me for missed rides
    Reputation: weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    789
    yeah i figured it's gonna be 99 or 00 because of the long toptube. thought it was a hkek.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.