My weekend project- Mtbr.com
    Get out of town!

My weekend project

A friend of mine sold out on day trip to Pisgah, so I rode a local trail and then built this Turned out to be a GREAT Saturday!

Thanks to Ethan at Blacksheep Cycles in Charlotte, NC for helping me out with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I stopped in and visited Black Sheep for the first time Saturday night. A group of us were doing a late evening urban ride and lo and behold Ethan was open around 8pm. I must say that I'm very impressed with Ethan's inventory. I've never been in a bike shop so laid back and friendly, i.e. complimentary coffee, apple cider, tea, etc. It's a great business model. I checked out his Desalvo ti cross bike, among some of his other very zoot bikes, and fell in love. I'm going to puchase a set of mungo bars from him for my cross/commuter project soon and support the cause. BTW, nice bike!

mtbr member

Ethan is the man

His friends from NY miss him! Can't wait to do a road trip down south and visit. Good luck Ethan.
    The Vision Crew from LI.

life is a barrel o'fun
    I was about to ask, where's the sticker? And then I saw the second photo

Have hear such amazing things about that shop, lucky you to be near it!
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Get out of town!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tiles
    I stopped in and visited Black Sheep for the first time Saturday night. A group of us were doing a late evening urban ride and lo and behold Ethan was open around 8pm. I must say that I'm very impressed with Ethan's inventory. I've never been in a bike shop so laid back and friendly, i.e. complimentary coffee, apple cider, tea, etc. It's a great business model. I checked out his Desalvo ti cross bike, among some of his other very zoot bikes, and fell in love. I'm going to puchase a set of mungo bars from him for my cross/commuter project soon and support the cause. BTW, nice bike!
    I think you were the group that came in while I was working on my bike...we had the "bike weigh off" I would love to meet up with you guys the next time you ride that trail in Stanley. One of you mentioned it to me but I wasn't able to make it out the following day.

mtbr member
    what a coincidence. There's all kinds of stuff out this way. We got the urban ride this Friday night. You are more than welcome to join us!

blame me for missed rides
    that frame looks much like a late 90's fisher or trek.

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    I think you were the group that came in while I was working on my bike...we had the "bike weigh off" I would love to meet up with you guys the next time you ride that trail in Stanley. One of you mentioned it to me but I wasn't able to make it out the following day.
    Man! The Stanley Ghetto Loop getting press on the mtbr SS forum of all places

Slave to the grind

awesome bike!

questions:

whats your rear cog?

is there a website for the bike shop?

where can i get a couple of those cool stickers?!
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

mtbr member

Get out of town!
    Quote Originally Posted by weather
    that frame looks much like a late 90's fisher or trek.
    Yep -a 99 Gary Fisher Aquila - vanadium steel . Never got much use (my brother and and I bought it as a gift for my dad) so I evntually took it and had a friend powdercoat the frame....

I figured a nice frame like this would be a perfect convert. The rear cog is a surly btw - Ethan has a ton of really nice cogs at Black Sheep.

blame me for missed rides
    yeah i figured it's gonna be 99 or 00 because of the long toptube. thought it was a hkek.

Members who have read this thread: 0