My singlespeed story- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

My singlespeed story

I felt I had to share my singlespeed story. I've been riding a FS 29er for a few years now and have really enjoyed it. I decided a few months back to get a 29er Singlespeed (Used 07 Redline Monocog) for mainly riding around the neighborhood with my daughter and saving the wear and tear on my main bike. A few weeks back the derailleur hanger ripped off my FS 29er during a ride and I destroyed the derailleur. I was riding a few days later with my friends at Alafia (Tampa, FL) and had no choice but to ride my SS. I didn't think I was going to be able to hang and even have problems on the technical sections as I was spoiled with the full suspension. Quite the opposite happened as I was hammering up and down the trails and actually rode more aggressive and with better control then on my FS. It was quite a revelation. I used to not understand why anyone would trail ride a SS and rigid for that matter but I'm a believer now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Honestly, its hard to go back to anything but ss for me. Sure i ride my road bike and friends geared GF with a fox fork. But, i have to convince myself to do it. And afterwards i always promise myself to not do it again cause it sucks.

Members who have read this thread: 0