My singlespeed rebuilt- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My singlespeed rebuilt

I purchased this Redline Mono last year around this time. I am not a fan of red but wanted to ride rather than waste time having the bike painted or powdered. Well over the winter I got busy and never got to it so I knew over the past few weeks I would not have time to ride so I decided to break it down and change things up a bit.

First thing I did was strip it down to the frame then I stripped the frame using Aircraft Paint remover. I was going to have the frame powder coated but didn't have the funds to do that just yet. I stripped it, sanded it then hit it with high fill primer then basecoat then clear. Came out pretty well and is rather durable.

While I was at it I upgraded a few components as well. I upgraded the
    Saddle
    Seat post
    Bottle Cage
    Fork
    Stem
    Headset
    Bars
    Grips
    new tires

I also got some stickers made to put on as well. So that was my little project.

I have plans for a few more upgrades but have to wait for funds.
    This is what it looked like before I started

And here is what she looks like now.

mtbr member

Low Rep Count
    Why is the seat post in backwards on the new set up?
    Why is the chainstay wraped when you have purpose built SS frame?

Paint looks good though!

mtbr member
    This pic was taken right off the repair stand seatpost was just thrown in to hold the bike in the stand.
    I like to have a place to put the chain when the tire is off plus the paint will chip/knick a little easier than the factory paint so I put it on as precaution. It was a lot of work to strip and paint the frame so just trying to protect it.

Low Rep Count
    Ok, I will accept both answers. Especially the second. However for the seat post, you actually went through the trouble of installing the seat on it backwards. Just giving you a hard time.

If done right and spray can paint job can come out really good. Granted it will never match that of a professional job but hey, it looks good and is better than red!

mtbr member
    haha yes I did. I wanted to take the photo quick before work so slapped it on there. It will be corrected before I take it for a ride tonight

Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD
    Ok, I will accept both answers. Especially the second. However for the seat post, you actually went through the trouble of installing the seat on it backwards. Just giving you a hard time.

If done right and spray can paint job can come out really good. Granted it will never match that of a professional job but hey, it looks good and is better than red!

Ovaries on the Outside
    I am very impressed by your paint work. Mad props, homie.

Members who have read this thread: 0