My new singlespeed- Mtbr.com
    LukeB
    Feb 2005

My new singlespeed

Just built a little something up to go alongside this-

It's a 32:16. Used to have BMX handlebars and a set of RS Judys up front, and a disc brake, but it was a bit bland. Obviously no SPDs for my own safety. You decide what's wrong with it other than the awful colour clash

http://www.m-bike.tk

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    rusty chain? only one brake???

and what no hydros? no suspension? you can't possibly tbe thinking of riding that on trails???

OH GOD: your not one of them fixed gear riders are you? oh man wait till he singlespeed police get hold of you....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I hate to break this to you, but it's better you hear it from some anonymous guy on the internet than a riding buddy - you put the drivetrain on the wrong side!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill
    rusty chain? only one brake???

and what no hydros? no suspension? you can't possibly tbe thinking of riding that on trails???

OH GOD: your not one of them fixed gear riders are you? oh man wait till he singlespeed police get hold of you....
    its got hydros

not sure about the drivetrain on the other side, i am sure hes got a reason for it though

banned
    content deleted as it could possibly offend someone some where some how some time
    Last edited by 29Colossus; 03-22-2007 at 06:53 PM.

smc
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb618
    not sure about the drivetrain on the other side, i am sure hes got a reason for it though
    So the pedals self-extract?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smc
    So the pedals self-extract?
    LOL

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    Self extracting brakes... now why didn't I think of that ?
    I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

LukeB
    Feb 2005
    Drivetrain's on the wrong side cos- well, why not? It's a fixed, it's not meant to be right! Saw it done once, and thought that i'd love to try it on a coaster one day when i could afford a BMX rear hub for it. But then tried a fixed and loved it, and thought I may as well. Looks cool enough to me. Well, would if the bike wasn't such a hunk o' junk.

Doubt the pedals will self extract- it's not getting ridden a great deal, only once a week, and if they do I just bob the cranks off and put them on the other side.

One brake because it's fixed, obviously.

And well, as for the chain- what can I say, I know- it's a right state. But it's only been used twice, just got neglected on a mate's road bike. Does the job and it's tough enough. Will have to lube it up.

Had my first go on it yesterday- it's TERRIFYING on the big hill I live on, but it's really good fun. Nice learning all the leaning forward to slow down, and the feet getting bounced unceremoniously around when i miss a beat or two. Looking forward to taking it on the singletrack tomorrow.
    http://www.m-bike.tk

Members who have read this thread: 0