My "new to me" single speed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

My "new to me" single speed

Just picked up my first steel single speed (noticed I said first)!! Its a 2008 Redline Monocog Flight 29er. It has Profile Racing hubs and cranks (27-13), White Brothers Magic 29 fork, XTR brakes, Thomson seat post and stem, Chris King headset, Answer handle bar and Racing Ralph tires. I picked it up from a friend who manages a bike shop, the only change I made so far is the grips. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the gearing, I'll ride it for a while and decide from there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    That thing looks pretty familiar ha. What the heck was he riding with gearing at 27/13. Not a fan of the tall risers and white crank, but let me tell you, you've got a great platform to work off of.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    He built it for climbing, I'm in the process of changing the gearing. I'm also more of a flat bar kind of guy, but it actually feels good on this bike, it handles insane!!

For climbing? That's like SSCX gearing (~61GI). Must have been some flat hills.

But the MCF is sweet, though. I've owned two of that exact same year. Blue is sweet!

Members who have read this thread: 0