My New Machine- Mtbr.com

Thread: My New Machine

Gone riding
    Jan 2004

My New Machine

Not all that new now I guess, as I've had it for 4 months or so now.

This is my trials bike, roadie, DH bike, and trail machine in one. Currently set up for a bit of trail riding action. The large frame (14.5 inch) is obviously a little small for serious riding, although I have done over 5 hours on it no problem. Has seen a LOT of nightriding action of late!!

I was a naughty boy and put off maintenance on my XC race bike for a bit to long, and didn't want to rebuild it and ride such an expensive bike around Uni, so I built this up instead. Ended up spending more then I should of (as it happens) and I can see myself spending more on it in the future!!

It's currently my only ride, and will be until early summer when I rebuild my other weapon; however I think this machine will still see the majority of the riding I'll do!!

Post ride, post puddle shot: (And yes I do need new cleats, I have a little to much float!!)

Post Race Aussie Mud:

Cockpit:

Currently running a surly instigator up front, but have also been running a suspension fork on it too. Prefer the rigid fork for really steep DH rocky singletrack, which has been my latest addiction out on the trail. Good fun to get down to the bottom of a section first and watch all the guys with their 150mm + travel forks buck and wallow their way down!

Often put the seat down, remove a few links from the chain (via two SRAM removable links) and run it in the 22 at the front with flat pedals for a bit of light-hearted trials and street action.

Will be replacing the bashgaurd (for an e-13) and seatpost (dunno yet!) shortly, as well as trying some other tires and getting some bar end plugs ASAP!! It annoys me that the majority of bar manufacturers still don't supply plugs with their bars.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'll get some better photos and action shots later!!

Cheers, Dave.

try driving your car less
    nice. you use it as a roadie, too? I can see you now, yellow jersey and all!
    Only boring people get bored.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Ha! Nah, nothing serious.

I've just done a few night rides on the road with a MTB bunch, and that's about it - nothing too strenuous!! A measly 30k would be the longest stint on the road that I've done on her. (With a bit of dirt to break things up!!).

Seriously thinking of trying some drop bars for a while to really annoy the guys at the skate park as I roll by....

Good fun.
    Last edited by Low_Rider; 08-11-2005 at 06:49 AM.