My new fixy build.- Mtbr.com
    singlespeed smash brother

My new fixy build.

My old fixy frame finally died from a stress fracture in the seat tube bb lug so after trawling ebay for a suitable secondhand replacement I got fed up and decided to just buy the frame I wanted. I've never owned a surly but have heard great things. I don't think I've ever seen pics of a seamroller posted here before. I like its understated appearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Penis Goat!
    Why in the world did you replace that pretty lugged steel fork with a plastic one?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinboy
    My old fixy frame finally died from a stress fracture in the seat tube bb lug so after trawling ebay for a suitable secondhand replacement I got fed up and decided to just buy the frame I wanted. I've never owned a surly but have heard great things. I don't think I've ever seen pics of a seamroller posted here before. I like its understated appearance.
    Lotta steamrollers on campus here,....but I'm digging that seat, looks nice what kind?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nice scoot. Dig the battleship gray look. Surly makes a fine minimalist bike, and to me, that's what it's all about. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    Why in the world did you replace that pretty lugged steel fork with a plastic one?
    I think the plastic one looks prettier. The luged fork just seemed out of place on a frame that was welded IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SpudDamon
    Lotta steamrollers on campus here,....but I'm digging that seat, looks nice what kind?
    The sadddle is a specialized body geometry. It took some getting used to but is vert comfortable now.

FIFI!
    which size is that one?

very nice.

Penis Goat!
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinboy
    I think the plastic one looks prettier. The luged fork just seemed out of place on a frame that was welded IMO.
    I kinda think it looks out of place - just as most carbon forks look strange on thin-tubed steel bikes, esp fixies. Just my opinion, though. I'm just not a huge carbon fan period.

Other than that, nice bike! Good choice on the tires, I've had good luck with them - I have a set on both road bikes. That is an interesting seat, I'll have to check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaver
    which size is that one?

very nice.
    It is a 56cm frame.

mtbr member
    Nice. I'm looking at a surly pacer for fixie duties (I have an eccentric eno wheel already and want a geared option for the future) but the steamroller is a second choice. I think the fork looks better than the steel one. How tall are you?

- Joel
    Cycling is Serious Business.

Quote Originally Posted by tomacropod
    Nice. I'm looking at a surly pacer for fixie duties (I have an eccentric eno wheel already and want a geared option for the future) but the steamroller is a second choice. I think the fork looks better than the steel one. How tall are you?

- Joel
    If the steel fork was cromed I would have left it on. But Dull painted lugs just don't do it for me.
    I'm about 5'8" . I'm running a 90mm stem and it fits perfectly.
    Last edited by shwinboy; 09-27-2005 at 02:10 AM.

mtbr member
    That's good to hear. I'm 6' with shoes and was looking to use the 56.5cm pacer TT with a 110mm stem. All I need now is for the distributor to get some in stock. Hurry up November !

What is the fork btw?

- Joel
    Cycling is Serious Business.

Members who have read this thread: 0