My first true Singlespeed + Pics- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

My first true Singlespeed + Pics

Okay,it's not really my first, I have converted two bikes to SS for road use but now I have upgraded myself to a SS mtb. This is the first 'basic' build with parts I had around. It's an On-One Inbred with horizontal dropouts, 18", CK headset, steel fork, converted wheels (Deore/Fir with a solid axle), Shimano DX 16T cog, Truvativ Isoflow with 32T and bash, Eggbeater C's, UN73 bb, Easton handlebar (hi-rise) and a 90mm no-name stem (I borrowed saddle + post from my geared bike). The brakes are a pair of 'good old' Deore LX with Dia Compe levers and the tires are a set of Michelin Comp S (way to narrow and probably one of the first things to be replaced).

The tensioners are standard, very in-expensive ones often used on dutch 'around town bikes' they work well so far. I have been riding about 40 miles off road so far on a relatively easy trail. I think it' a blast Soon I will tackle the not so easy trail in my neigbourhood and take the challenge of doing a couple of (geared) grouprides SS (see if they can keep up with me now )

One more pic in it's natural environment...

Last edited by George2; 10-21-2006 at 08:57 AM.

Axles of Evil

Nice bike!

cool, clean setup.

mtbr member
    Very nice, Enjoy!! I like the Black unicrown fork, something different for the On-One, nice.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    I like that fork too! Nice bike.

Brandon
    There's always money in the banana stand.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Glad you like it I do have some upgrades in mind though. Like I said, the skinny tires will be the first thing to go. I like the fork too, but I sort of borrowed it from my (geared) Kona, which now has a suspension fork (for the first time in months) I'm not sure if I am 100% happy with that so I am thinking of getting a carbon fork for the On-One. I'd like to build it a lot lighter eventually so I guess I'll start researching hubs soon, the current Deore/Fir wheels have already seen a lot of use, will not last forever and weigh a staggering 2200 grams (almost 5 lbs) so...

This is the fork I'm thinking about:

Anyway, I like the way it rides and that's what counts! Next Tuesday I will tackle a harder trail (harder as in more and steeper climbing) and we'll see how that feels

Members who have read this thread: 0