My first ride on a 29er!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

My first ride on a 29er!!!

DAMN, i'm so glad i upgraded. i took my new k-monkey out for it's first ride today. that thing rules!! i was riding an aluminum K2 frame with a 130mm fork and a singulator for the last year. my tax return was huge due to school so i bought my first brand new bike. i always bought used before. i built it up this week and took it to pipestone montana today. all i have to say is 29ER RULES!!!! here are some pics of the first ride today. we got about eight to ten inches of snow in bozeman in the last couple of days. so we had to load them up and get out of town.

When we showed up we had some friends to play with on the trails. this is only some of them, there was at least eight trucks in the parking area unloading four wheelers. sorry for the finger in the top of the photo, i don't know how to photo shop.

We were mapping the trails out there for a GPS class and had to stop periodically to record points. this has to be the best homework i've ever had to do.

At the end of the day, i was happy and the bikes were nasty, what a great day to break in a new bike. it was awesome, 29er all the way. i love this single speed. it feels like all my energy actually goes to the wheels. IT WAS SWEET!!!!

mtbr member
    Congratulations! As a new convert myself, I know how great it feels to know you made the right bike decision. Bet you had more fun than those 4-wheelers, too.
    “The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there”---Robert M. Pirsig

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nice pics D. Glad your happy with the new bike and I am sure it will make you fast...unfortunately you will still have to live with getting your doors blown by the one legged wonder...actually i am just jealous. You got yourself a great bike for a well deserving guy. To think two years ago you were a motor head and now if you even ride in a car more than a few 1000 miles this year I would be surprised. Keep'm comming two weeks to Fruita

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks Kavy. Broomie and I have the great equalizer planned for fruita, BEER!! We plan on getting you to drink enough so you slow down for a couple of days and we can keep up. how will you feel getting your doors blown by a overweight bald guy with a pink chain!! actually, i think you still will kick my A with a hangover and one leg. oh well, i'm still rolling rigid sucka!! next weekend you need to head out there with us and do some mountain biking to knock the dust off that titus. one more weekend till FRUITA!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0