My feet ache and....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My feet ache and....

...they go numb about a half an hour into my ride. Should I try and up grade my shoe or maybe try flats? Anybody else have this problem and had it resolved? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    its almost definitley your shoe unless youve got some blood flow thing goin on (advanced diabetes or bad tendonitis) try to loosen them just a hair or get something a little different or better quality good luck

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ridindog
    .... try to loosen them just a hair ...
    I would try this first my arches would really hurt, I loosened my shoes straps and they didn't hurt as bad.

mtbr member
    Check your pedaling technique. I've been using the same shoes for years - bottom of the line Sidis and Eggs. Sometimes my feet go numb, but sometimes I can ride for hours and not have a problem. My issue is that if I don't pay attention, I clench my feet which reduces the blood flow. If I relax and concentrate on good pedaling technique, I can feel the blood rush back into my feet immediately and 30 seconds later the problem is solved.

Shoes and pedals can be the problem, but before you spend any money, see if you can't solve it by paying close attention to how you are pedaling.

Members who have read this thread: 0