My BliSSard- Mtbr.com

Thread: My BliSSard

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My BliSSard

I wanted to introduce my self and post a picture of my '04 Rocky Blizzard. I have been lurking for a year and a half and riding SS most of the time since then. Most the parts are off an Element which I sold because I never rode anymore. I was riding a Humu Humu all the time but its been put to commuter use and at first the Blizz had gears but it and me are happier with it SS. Gearing is 36X18 with no tensioner or half link. I hope the picture works. Thanks for looking

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

hi!

the picture looks like you're on a nice trail. can't see much of the bike owing to the shadow, but i'm sure it's real fine.

welcome!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thats the wrong pic

Yes it looks like a nice place to ride too bad its not my picture! I will try posting the right picture. When I previewed the post my bike picture was there.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Higbee
    Yes it looks like a nice place to ride too bad its not my picture! I will try posting the right picture. When I previewed the post my bike picture was there.

I was just getting ready to call BS on that gearing and that trail . Especially being seated after that slab... Ugggghhh, that's a 34/20 ride for me.

Nice Blizz though.

USB Rep'n
    Yes it looks like a nice place to ride too bad its not my picture! I will try posting the right picture.
    I was with Kitchen, no way on that piece of trail, seated, and 2:1.

OK, Im still baffled though. How the heck did you get 36x18 to work without a half link? I run 32x17 w/ the half link but there's no way I could go to a 32x16. FYI, mine's an '03 but I think the chainstay length is unchanged. Interesting and I suspect you must have cashed in a marker with a gnome to get that ratio to work. Nice!!!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Gearing

I first tried 32X17 but I could only get the axel part way in the drop out. I also tried 32X16 but the chain was a tad loose and it came off in testing. I had a pair of Old School XTR cranks that had a 36 on so I tried them with the 18 and it worked! Two good trail rides and no dropped chain. I guess I got lucky because these are the cranks I wanted to use (175 vs 170) and it is the ratio I was running before. Now I am waiting for that ENO eccentric disc hub to come out.

USB Rep'n
    I first tried 32X17 but I could only get the axel part way in the drop out. I also tried 32X16 but the chain was a tad loose and it came off in testing. I had a pair of Old School XTR cranks that had a 36 on so I tried them with the 18 and it worked! Two good trail rides and no dropped chain. I guess I got lucky because these are the cranks I wanted to use (175 vs 170) and it is the ratio I was running before. Now I am waiting for that ENO eccentric disc hub to come out.
    you got that right on the eno. as soon as that bad boy is available, Im on it like...well, Im on it!

eh-nay Ityopia!

gentle like

when when when?

When is this disc-ecc-eno coming out? The legend IS true, eh?

That's a great ride, by the way ... Rocky makes sweet frames. I used to ride an Al Rocky, and now ride an Al Brodie, but yearn to go back to steel ... of course, said hub would eliminate the need (or should I say want) for a new single-specific frameset, but ...

Three cheers for the maple leafs, too! We copied that paint scheme when we built my wife's True North road bike (different colours, though) ... especially as Canadians moving down to the States, it's nice to have a little bit of home ...
    Last edited by kept man; 05-06-2004 at 09:24 AM. Reason: couldn't forget to compliment the paint ...

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    When is this disc-ecc-eno coming out? The legend IS true, eh?

That's a great ride, by the way ... Rocky makes sweet frames. I used to ride an Al Rocky, and now ride an Al Brodie, but yearn to go back to steel ... of course, said hub would eliminate the need (or should I say want) for a new single-specific frameset, but ...

Three cheers for the maple leafs, too! We copied that paint scheme when we built my wife's True North road bike (different colours, though) ... especially as Canadians moving down to the States, it's nice to have a little bit of home ...
    the paint scheme does really grab you (and to think I almost got a repaint done on mine!). Anyway, seems approriate to share a pic or two so here's mine as a SS (sorry about the resolution, its a video capture).
    Attached Images Attached Images

eh-nay Ityopia!

Members who have read this thread: 0